[Faith-talk] Tuesday's Quotes and an Announcement

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 12:37:06 UTC 2011

Hello and good day to you all, my fellow Christians and saints of the Most High God.  Here are today's quotes for your consideration, pondering and reflection.

We live most effectively for Christ when we keep our eyes on Him.

The best fathers not only give us life--they teach us how to live.

What we know about God should lead us to give joyful praise to Him.

In all the setbacks of your life as a believer, God is plotting for your joy.  John Piper

We can face any fear when we know the Lord is with us.

In Christ's kingdom, humility trumps pride every time.

Focusing on the character of God helps to take our eyes off our circumstances.

When you're weary in life's struggles, find your rest in the Lord.

If we depend on Christ for everything, we can endure anything.

Christ, the Rock, is our sure hope.

And there you have it for today.  As mentioned in the subject line, there is an announcement and that is, beginning tomorrow, the space allotted to the quotes will be given over to Christmas devotionals, mainly from past December issues of Christian Life magazine, but tomorrow will be taken from the back pages of the December 2011 issue of Our Daily Bread, published by RBC Ministries of Grand Rapids MI and embossed in Braille by Helping Hands Braille Ministries of Madison GA.  If you are a Braille reader and would like to get this publication in that format, which is free, email your request to hhbm at sourcelight.org, giving them your postal mailing address.  Don't worry; the quotes will be resumed after Christmas, as several people have expressed apprehensions that they will cease, which is not true at all.

And now until tomorrow when, Lord willing the devotional articles will appear, I remain your obedient servant of the Lord, Paul Barnabas.