[Faith-talk] FW: IBGN~NEWSLETTER~ Christmas "What Does It Mean?", DECEMBER 21, 2011 ~Grace Daily Inspirational~

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Wed Dec 21 19:47:42 UTC 2011

Original Message:
From: PARIS <GraceNtheTruth at Cox.net>
To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: IBGN~NEWSLETTER~ Christmas "What Does It Mean?",  DECEMBER 21,
2011        ~Grace Daily Inspirational~
Date:
Wed, 21 Dec 2011 12:45:37 -0700

*
**
*
*Christmas "What Does It Mean?"*
*By Nancy Faries *
*Evansville, Indiana *
*

Our pastor is very fond of acrostics. So, I'm going to use one of his
teaching techniques to talk about the special time of year called
Christmas. Of course, the word "Christmas" means different things to
different people. For example, it would mean something entirely
different to the secular world than it would to spiritual believers.

C Let's consider the letter "C" to begin our illustration. This could
stand for "commercial," which is the aspect the secular world
emphasizes. For those in retail sales, this season is the biggest money
maker of the year. Many merchants receive over 50% of their annual
income during these days. At this time, too, gift giving usually becomes
such an obsession for many that they end up displaying some very
unChristian attitudes at the stores. But for those of us who have
believed on Him, the "C," of course, refers to "Christ," Whose birth we
are commemorating. The ancient prophets amazingly predicted His unique
arrival hundreds of years before it happened. Isaiah says, "Therefore
the Lord Himself shall give you a sign; Behold a virgin shall conceive,
and bear a son, and shall call His name Emmanuel (meaning, "God with us"
- cf. Matt. 1:22-23) " .. .For unto us a child is given ... and His name
shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The Mighty God, the Everlasting
Father, the Prince of Peace" (Isa. 7:14; 9:6). We now look back on this
event in wonder and awe.

H is for the "Hurry, Hurry, Hurry of the Season." People go here, go
there, do this, do that. It can become madness for those who miss the
true point of it all. However, the "H" should be a reminder of "Heaven"
that awaits those who are saved in this dispensation (Eph. 2:4-10; Phil.
3:20-21). It is a place of such utter peace and tranquility, that the
earthly ills and frustrations caused by the frantic pace of this life
will all be forgotten. This is why the Apostle Paul referred to it as
"paradise" (II Cor. 12:2-4).

R stands for the "right" gift -- sometimes given for a wrong reason. In
other words, some give gifts to win favor or to impress someone. Others
simply give gifts mechanically, because it is the "thing" to do. Maybe
that "R" should depict the only lasting "right" gift, which is the one
that God gave in the Person of His Son. Romans 6:23 states, "For the
wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus
Christ our Lord. "

I The "I" could be the "icicles" of the winter season. This time of year
marks the beginning of cold weather, which I personally dread. But to
the spiritual person, the "I" might portray the fact that God the Son
became an "infant" in order to qualify as man's Savior. Luke 2:11-12
declares: "For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour,
which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall
find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger. " But in
truth, it's not the "babe" we should remember so much as the life of the
man He became - the One Who suffered and died for us (Rom. 5:6-8,15-19).
That's why Paul calls Him, " ... the man Christ Jesus" (I Tim. 2:5).

S The "s" is one I have to admit that I, myself, enjoy. It is "Shop,
Shop, Shop 'till you drop!" But actually, I enjoy that in March, May,
August, September. But seriously, The "s" should symbolize "Salvation."
That is why the Apostle Paul could proclaim without reservation, "For I
am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto
salvation to every one that believeth" (Rom. 1:16). He had experienced
God's saving power first-hand, and knew that it would work for all who
desired to be saved.

T For the secular world, the "T" might depict the "tree" to trim.
~Though representing no small effort, it seems that just about everyone
perpetuates the age-old tradition of placing lights and ornaments on
this annual fixture. But the word, "tree" can also bring to mind the
tree that grew hundreds of years ago that made the Cross on which our
Savior was crucified. I Peter 2:24 reveals that "[Christ] His own self
bare our sins in His own body on the tree. " He made this tree despite
knowing the agony it would bring Him as He was judged on our behalf (Jn.
1: 1-3, 14).

M The "M" could picture, "Man." Too often the world sees man's desires
as paramount, giving itself over to the fleshly indulgences of the
occasion. But our "M" should be for the "Message" of God's Word
announced for all to hear (Lk. 2:10, 13-14). That is, if we would only
proclaim it, and if they would only listen. Romans 10:15-17 declares,
"And how shall they preach, except they be sent? As it is written, How
beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and
bring glad tidings of good things ... So then, faith cometh by hearing,
and hearing by the Word of God." Christmas is really about having people
place their absolute trust in Jesus Christ to save their souls forever.

A The "A" has to stand for "abundance." Yes, at this time, everyone
seems to want more and more. Here, people never seem to be satisfied or
content. Children are usually disappointed with what they've received
and appear to be unthankful despite a multitude of presents. Often,
dissatisfaction is register-ed with parents because others received more
than they did. Nevertheless, the believer's "A" should denote
"appreciation." II Corinthians 9:15 reflects heartfelt gratitude by Paul
for what God gave us in Christ. He says, "Thanks be unto God for his
unspeakable gift. " How different is the attitude of some, who "When
they knew God, they glorified Him not as God, neither were thankful ...
" (Rom. 1:21). Gratitude should truly be the order of the day for
everyone at this time of the year.

S The "s" identifies the "Sin" of greed that is rampant in the world
during Christmas because everyone wants the many "gifts" that God
bestows, but very few want the "Giver." It is a constant battle even for
believers to fight against the temptation to covet what others have
(Rom. 7:7; Eph. 5:3). Be that as it may, our "s" recognizes Christ's
foremost title - "Savior." The angel made reference to this regarding
the name of Christ prior to His conception. He said, " ... thou shalt
call His name JESUS: for He shall save His people from their sins"
(Matt. 1:21).

We've gone through every letter which makes up the word "Christmas." By
so doing, we've come to one outstanding conclusion: that is, Christmas
is really about receiving the gift of salvation that is offered by God
to all who will simply receive it by faith (Eph. 2:8-9). If you haven't
already, won't you do so right now? If you will, I guarantee that then
you will have a truly Merry Christ-mas. Again, the Bible tells us the
real meaning of Christmas. It says, "For God so loved the world, that He
gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not
perish, but have everlasting life" Jn. 3:16). Won't you open this
beautifully wrapped package of salvation and receive all the blessings
it contains? Go ahead! It has your name on it!

*
**
*

Should this Inspirational series has  been a blessing and encouragement
to you, why not send to a friend, coworker or, to your loved one who
maybe defending the USA. The Word of God is so needed in our troubled
world.  It is our heart at  GRACE AND THE TRUTH and mission to reach as
many people as we possibly can TO SHARE with them the Word of God and
all that the Lord Jesus Christ has done for members of the body of Christ.

*
**
*
*
*We may not be able to give much
but we can always give the joy
  that springs in a heart that is
  in love with God.*

*

*
*
*

*GraceNTheTruth at COX.NET*

This mailing is for members who have requested and /or subscribed to our
mailing list, including those who have asked to be a prayer partner with
our Grace prayer partners.
*
*

            *

            *

    *
    CLICK BELOW
         PLEASE ADD ME <mailto:GRACENTHETRUTH at COX.NET?subject=Add%20me>
    TO YOUR EMAIL AND DEVOTIONS
         PLEASE REMOVE ME
    <mailto:GRACENTHETRUTH at COX.NET?subject=REMOVE%20ME>

    *

*
To ensure that you continue to receive ~Daily Inspirational~   E-mails,
please add GraceNTheTruth at COX.NET to your address book. THANK YOU.

WEB SITE
Grace And The Truth
www.graceandthetruth.com

**

Our Purpose and Mission

The purpose of this ministry **"Grace and the Truth" is to be a positive
force in winning lost souls to Christ; and to enhance fellowship, to
encourage, to strengthen, and to establish Christians who are committed
to the truths in the Word of God. It is not the purpose of this ministry
to rule over any local church or to establish a denomination, to be
sectarian, or to be competitive with any organization. We promote
personal Bible study for faith practice, and fellowship.
As we go forward with this purpose, We want to encourage you to study
the Word, for help in this area subscribe to our in-depth daily
devotions.   They are sure to "enhance fellowship," "encourage,"
"strengthen" and help "establish" us as Christians. We love you and our
hope is in Christ.
(Col 1:27  ......... which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.)

*
*

*

*