[Faith-talk] FW: [thefamilyoffaith] GOD'S WAY OF LOVE.....

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Thu Dec 22 20:36:17 UTC 2011

Original Message:
From: "Mary Ann" <serenity77 at shaw.ca>
To: <Undisclosed-Recipient:;>
Subject: [thefamilyoffaith] GOD'S WAY OF LOVE.....
Date:
Thu, 22 Dec 2011 10:52:47 -0700

The Lord wants to bring a mate to those who will ask Him and have the
patience to wait for His choice. Choosing that right person should not be
based on our emotions alone, as many times our emotions need to be cleansed
as they are not the sign of love. The true definition of love is "God is
love." If God is not in a relationship it is not true love. What this world
calls love is really lust since it is built on what the other person does
for me, not what I can do for him or her. If the other person fails to keep
up his end of the bargain, a divorce occurs because the offended mate is no
longer pleased. This is the attitude of the world's so-called "love." God's
love loves without receiving back; God's love is forgiving and patient.
God's love is gentle and kind.

Man's emotions are not a reliable gauge upon which to establish a
marriage relationship. We must know in the Spirit that it is God's will. It
is much better to marry for character than for emotion. Emotions fluctuate;
character doesn't. Emotions are in the soul's realm, and unless the carnal
mind has been renewed, Satan can give us emotions or feelings of love for
someone of his choosing. (If he did not have this in his power, he could
not split up marriages.)  "Falling" in love is Satan's way. The very
expression of these words should tell us something. A Christian should not
blindly "fall" into any trap. Love is bigger than simply falling for
someone. Certainly, the Lord gives us a wonderful emotional feeling for the
one we are to marry. However, this "feeling" without God's direction can be
disastrous as Satan can tamper with our emotions and feelings too.

Marriage, in a Christian's life, should be based on a decision directed
by the Holy Spirit. A Christian's love for another is a commitment. Of
course, the Lord will supply the emotions for the mate He sends, but that
should not be the criterion for making the decision to marry. The Lord
should be sought, and whatever He speaks to us we should do. He knows the
future and what is best for us. If we trust Him, He will not fail us in
this or any other important area. Women or men who allow emotions to rule
them will never be victorious Christians. Emotions should always follow,
never lead.

The Lord wants to bless marriage unions and see His plans fulfilled in
both mates' lives. What a glorious plan He had from the beginning for both
male and female. We can trust Him in this important decision. If we will
totally commit to do His will, we will never be disappointed in the one He
sends into our lives. A man who finds that virtuous woman will find she is
a woman of character, as Proverbs 31:12 says; she will be a comfort to her
husband by encouraging him and doing him good all the days of her life, as
she will never leave him or divorce him.