[Faith-talk] Monday's Quotes

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 13:14:57 UTC 2011

Hello and good day to you all.  I trust that you have unwound, so to speak, from your Christmas celebrations.  Mine was more quiet than in many years, owing to the fact that very few people came into our phone conference line, and that over a period of 4 and 1/2 hours.  But anyway that's behind us.  Must go forward in faith and in life.  Here are today's quotes for your consideration, pondering and reflection.

To be found, you must admit you are lost.

People with narrow minds usually have broad tongues.  (quote compiler's comment: In some cases maybe that's good.  After all, didn't Jesus say that His way is narrow, or am I missing the point somewhere?)

The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.  (quote compiler's comment: Tell that to a talk show host who thinks that he or she knows it all, when in fact they don't).

We can learn a lot from crayons.  Some are sharp, some are dull, some are pretty, some have weird names and all are of different colors, but they all have learned to live in the same box.  (quote compiler's comment: How much like this list that quote is.  Some live in apartments, some live in houses, some reside in large cities, some in small or medium-sized towns or villages, we are all of different faith persuasions, a term I like better than denominations, but we all have one thing in common, and that we hopefully have accepted Jesus Christ as our personal Lord and Savior and, at various levels, are growing "in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ." See II Peter 3:18.  I can just hear a resounding Amen! from some of you).

And now until tomorrow when, Lord willing more quotes will be presented, I remain your obedient servant of the One who lived an earthly existence, died and now lives forever to bring us His salvation and peace, Paul Barnabas.