[Faith-talk] FW: [URCTCPrayerGroup2] ] Six of the Needs You will Have in 2012

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Sat Dec 31 06:59:50 UTC 2011

Original Message:
From: "Donna" <godsgirl54 at att.net>
To: <URCTCPrayerGroup2 at yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [URCTCPrayerGroup2] ] Six of the Needs You will Have in 2012
Date:
Fri, 30 Dec 2011 22:27:04 -0500

Six of the Needs You will Have in 2012

                  An Online Devotional Journey with Roy Lessin
                 Is this email not displaying correctly?
                  View it in your browser.

                        Six of the Needs You will Have in 2012
                        Dec 29, 2011 07:00 pm | Roy

                        If the Lord is willing, we shall live and we
shall do this or that [thing]. James 4:15 AMP

                        Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the
morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Matthew 6:34 AMP

                        Teach me to do Your will, for You are my God. May
Your gracious Spirit lead me forward on a firm footing. Psalm 143:10 NLT

                        One thing you can be certain about in the coming
year is that you can't be certain about what is ahead. This is a great
blessing, because you do not need to know. To know what is ahead and the
details of what will happen would be too great a burden to carry and too
great a responsibility to bear.

                        Photo Credit

                        What you do need to know about the future is not
what is ahead of you, but Who is ahead of you. It is the Lord who goes
before you, is ahead of you, and is preparing the way for you. Your future
is in His sure, strong, caring hands.

                        I am with you, and I will protect you wherever
you go. One day I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you
until I have finished giving you everything I have promised you. Genesis
28:15 NLT

                        As you pass through the door of 2011 and enter
the door of 2012, here are six of the needs you are certain to have.

                        1.     There will be the need for prayer:

                        Until you get to heaven, there will always be the
need for prayer. In every prayer as a believer, you will be speaking to the
living God, your loving Father-the One who invites you to come, the One who
hears your cries, the One who answers your prayers, and the One who will
work all things together for the good according to His will and purpose.

                        2.     There will be the need to trust:

                        God does not want you to be fearful or worried
about what is ahead. He will give what you need when you need it; He will
tell what you need to know when it is time to know it; He will show what
you need to see when it is time to see it. When He is silent about any
matter, be at peace about it and do not become anxious.

                        3.     There will be the need to obey:

                        You will never outgrow your need for obedience.
To obey the Lord is to please the Lord. He will always give you the
provision, the time, and the opportunity to do what He has asked you to do.
If He is not asking you to do anything new or different at the present
time, continue to do the last thing He asked of you.

                        4.     There will be the need to forgive:

                        No one will ever act perfectly or speak perfectly
to you. Even those who love you will not perform perfectly. Forgiveness is
an attitude of the heart and a choice of the will that you must walk in
each day. Some people carry hurt, bitterness, or resentment in their hearts
for years, never wanting to let go of the past. As you go through the door
of 2012, drop at the entryway, all the hurts of yesterday and carry them no
more.

                        5.     There will be the need to be faithful:

                        In 2012 you will need to press on in the will of
God for your life; you will need to walk on through the valleys and over
the mountain tops that you will face; you will need to carry on in your
service of love to others; you will need to live on in the will of God with
a thankful heart, with praise upon your lips, and with zeal in your spirit.

                        6.     There will be the need for Jesus:

                        Every day, in every moment, through every
circumstance of 2012, you will need Jesus. You will need Him fully and you
will need to trust Him completely. You will need His grace to enable you,
His Spirit to empower you, His strength to support you, and His counsel to
instruct you in all the will of God.

                        The best place is wherever He puts us, and any
other would be undesirable, all the worse because it would please our
fancy, and would be of our own choice. Do not think about distant events.
This uneasiness about the future is unwholesome for you. We must leave to
God all that depends on Him, and think only of being faithful in all that
depends upon ourselves. When God takes away that which He has given you, He
knows well how to replace it either through other means or by Himself.
-Fenelon

                        Strive to carry yourself with total resignation
to the Divine will that God may do with you and all according to His
heavenly pleasure, relying on Him as on a kind and loving Father. -M.
Molinos

                        Read More | Leave a Comment

                         follow on Twitter | friend on Facebook | forward
to a friend
                        Copyright © 2011 Meet Me in the Meadow, All
rights reserved.
                        You subscribed to receive regular posts from Meet
Me in the Meadow.
                        Our mailing address is:

                        Meet Me in the Meadow
                        P.O. Box 1010
                        Siloam Springs, AR 72761

                        Add us to your address book
                         unsubscribe from this list | update subscription
preferences