[Faith-talk] FW: [ChristianChit-Chat] MOM'S EMPTY CHAIR this is very touching i had to share it

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Mon Feb 7 05:58:52 UTC 2011

Original Message:
From: whomeworry at webtv.net
To: HealthyCuisine at yahoogroups.com, ChristianChit-Chat at yahoogroups.com,
Circle_of_friends_together at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [ChristianChit-Chat] MOM'S EMPTY CHAIR this is very touching i
had to share it
Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2011 00:52:18 -0500

A woman's daughter had asked the local minister to come and pray with
her mother.
When the minister arrived,he found the woman lying in bed with her head
propped up on two pillows. An empty chair sat beside her bed. The
minister assumed that the woman had been informed of his visit. I guess
you were expecting me he said. 'No who are you?' said the mother. The
minister told her his name and then remarked I saw the empty chair and I
figured you knew I was going to show up. Oh yeah the chair said the
bedridden woman. Would you mind closing the door? Puzzled the minister
shut the door. I have never told anyone this not even my daughter said
the woman. But all of my life I have never known how to pray.
At church I used to hear the pastor talk about prayer,but it went right
over my head. I abandoned any attempt at prayer the old woman continued
until one day four yrs ago my best friend said to me Prayer is just a
simple matter of having a conversation with Jesus. Here is what I
suggest. Sit down in a chair place an empty chair in front of you and in
faith see Jesus on the chair. It's not spooky because he promised I will
be with you always. Then just speak to him in the same way you're doing
with me right now. So I tried it and I've liked it so much that I do it
a couple of hrs every day. I'm careful though. If my daughter saw me
talking to an empty chair she'd either have a nervous breakdown or send
me off to the funny farm.
The minister was deeply moved by the story and encouraged the old woman
to continue on the journey. Then he prayed with her anointed her with
oil and returned to the church. Two nights later the daughter called
to tell the minister that her mama had died that afternoon.
Did she die in peace? he asked. Yes when I left the house about two
o'clock she called me over to her bedside told me she loved me and
kissed me on the cheek. When I got back from the store an hr later I
found her. But there was something strange about her death. Apparently
just before Mom died she leaned over and rested her head on the chair
beside the bed. What do you make of that? The minister wiped a tear from
his eye and said I wish we could all go like that.

Prayer is one of the best free gifts we receive.

I asked God for water He gave me an ocean.

I asked God for a flower He gave me a garden.

I asked God for a friend He gave me all of
YOU.

If God brings you to it He will bring you through it.

Happy moments praise God.

Difficult moments seek God.

Quiet moments worship God

Painful moments trust God.

Every moment thank God

The greatest reward for serving others is the satisfaction found in your
own heart.