[Faith-talk] Reflections for 2-12-2011

Joshua Lester jlester8462 at students.pccua.edu
Sat Feb 12 21:03:23 UTC 2011

Hi, it's Joshua Lester. For the past couple of weeks, I've posted the
lyrics to different songs, that have come to my mind. Every one of
these songs have something for us to consider. So, I think, I'll start
a series of "Reflections," based on these songs. This next song is one
that means alot to me. The man that wrote this song was the one that
led me to Christ, when I was 4-years-old. When he and his group sang
this song, conviction fell, and I knew at the age of 4 that if I were
to die, I wouldn't make Heaven my home. Here's the song.
"Jesus Use Me, copyright, 1978 Jack Campbell
Vs: 1. Dear Lord I'll be your witness
if you will help my weakness
I know that I'm not worthy
lord of thee
by the eyes of faith I see thee
upon the cross of Calvary
dear Lord I cry
let me thy servant be
Vs: 2. I'll stand for thee dear Jesus
though death may come my way
I'll spread the gospel to the far and near
but if it be thy will Lord
to go across the sea
Lord help me to be willing
to say yes
Vs: 3. He's the lily of the valley
the bright and morning star
the fairest of 10000 to my soul
he's the beautiful rose of Sharon
he's all the world to me
but best of all
he is my coming king!
Chorus: Jesus use me
and o Lord don't refuse me
for surely there's a work that I can do
and even though it's humble
Lord help my will to crumble
though the cost be greatI'll work for you.
Be blessed this week. I'll post another one tomorrow.