[Faith-talk] FW: [URCTCPrayerGroup2] Just Sharing - The Outcast

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Tue Feb 22 21:06:31 UTC 2011

Original Message:
From: Richard Spurlock <rts70427 at yahoo.com>
To: UndisclosedRecipient <UndisclosedRecipient at yahoo.com>
Subject: [URCTCPrayerGroup2] Just Sharing - The Outcast
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2011 07:16:42 -0800 (PST)

The Outcast

READ: James 2:1-9

If you show partiality, you commit sin. -James 2:9

His face was grimy, his hair long and dirty. Beer stained his clothing
and perfumed the air around him. When he stepped into the church building,
the Sunday worshipers ignored him. They were stunned when the man
approached the pulpit, took off his wig, and began preaching. That's when
they realized he was their pastor.

I don't know about you, but I tend to be friendly and shake hands with
the people I know and those who pre-sent themselves well.

James issued a serious warning for people like me. He said, "If you
show partiality, you commit sin" (2:9). Favoritism based on appearance
or economic status has no place in God's family. In fact, it means we have
"become judges with evil thoughts" (v.4).

Fortunately, we can guard against preferential treatment by loving our
neighbor as ourselves-no matter who our neighbor may be. Reaching out to
the homeless man, the hungry woman, or the heartbroken teen means we
"fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture" (v.8).

In a world that keeps the outcast at arm's length, let's show the love of
Christ and embrace the one who needs our care the most. -Jennifer Benson
Schuldt

Forgive me, Lord, for prejudice-
Remove its subtle lie;
Oh, fill my heart with Your great love
That sent Your Son to die. -D. De Haan

True Christian love helps those who can't return the favor.

Your Brother In JESUS, the Risen Christ,
Bro. Richard/Bubba
editor to delivery boy of StarLight News
The StarLight News BLOG - Devotionals by Local Writers
http://the-starlight-news.blogspot.com/

Psalms 118:24 "This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice
and be glad in it."
"Spreading GOD's Word,
One Paper At A Time"