[Faith-talk] FW: [thefamilyoffaith] The Missionary Question

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Sat Feb 26 06:02:24 UTC 2011

Original Message:
From: "Joe Diaz" <revjoe2701 at comcast.net>
To: "??  -  Rev. Joe Diaz  :) [His Love Extended Ministries
International]  ??" <revjoe2701 at comcast.net>
Subject: [thefamilyoffaith] The Missionary Question
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2011 11:36:43 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

The Missionary Question

Text: Romans 10:11-15

At every missions conference hosted by my church, I give God the same
message I've been repeating since my early 20s: "I'm available, Lord. I'll
go to foreign fields if you say so." Until He tells me to pack my bags,
I'm
going to keep on sending others to work among unbelievers in distant and
even remote lands.

Paul asked a series of rhetorical questions in Romans 10 that can be
summed
up like this: How will the world hear about Jesus if you do nothing? God
uses Christians to spread the word that His salvation plan is available to
all. He put us in families and communities and nations so we will mingle
and
share what we know. But some believers are called to carry the gospel
farther than others. Those who stay behind are to offer prayer and
resources
for those who travel.

If you're shaking your head and thinking, Mission work isn't where my
heart
is, I have news for you: Every believer is called to missions as either a
goer or a sender. That call comes in dramatic ways for some, but for most
of
us, it is simply a biblical principle to be followed (Matt. 28:19).
What's
missing for those who don't have a "heart" for such work is passion.
Christians who share and go and send are often excited about God's message
for unbelievers?and it's possible for you to become more enthusiastic too.

I challenge you to ask the Lord, "Am I open to going anywhere You send
me?"
Our roots in a community should be sunk only as deep as God wills. If you
aren't called to go, then choose to be a sender. Offer your prayers, your
money, and anything else that will help to put others on the mission
field.

For more biblical teaching and resources from Dr. Charles Stanley, please
visit www.intouch.org

***********************

God has called me into the mission field in the Philippines to reach out
the down and outers and the marginalized with food, clothing and
evangelism.
There is no middle class in the Philippines...only the wealthy or the
poor.
As such, I face the question of how would I want to be treated if I were
among the poor and down and outers? I would want to be helped to feed my
family and clothe them (if I had one). I would also like to have someone
care about the eternal condition of my soul. This is what I hope to
accomplish as well as to reach souls for Christ with His glorious love and
message of salvation, healing and deliverance!

I plan to move to the Philippines to be an independent missionary in 2014
or
15 as God enables me to go with the finances and bodily health.

I covet your prayers for this up and coming venture God called me to in
1962
and confirmed in 1963 and 2000. You can read about this in my testimony
on
the Home Page at www.hisloveextended.com Thank you so much for your
prayers
and for caring!