[Faith-talk] FW: [thefamilyoffaith] Life and Your Death are in the Power

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Mon Jan 24 19:58:46 UTC 2011

Original Message:
From: "TONY_at_FloridaHealth" <FloridaHealth21 at verizon.net>
To: <thefamilyoffaith at yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [thefamilyoffaith] Life and Your Death are in the Power
Date:
Sun, 23 Jan 2011 06:48:01 -0500

      Your Life and Your Death are in the Power of Your Tongue

      (Proverbs 18:21) says "Death and life are in the power of the
tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruit."

      It is true. Death and life are in the power of the tongue. But what
does this mean to us? Well, it means this. What you say is important. In
fact, what you say is so important that much of the Bible, God's Word, is
devoted to teaching us what to say.
      In the book of (James 3) the Bible compares the tongue to the
rudder of a large ship. Although a ship may be large and driven by fierce
winds, it is turned by a very small rudder. This is the way the tongue is.
It may be a small part of our body, but what you say with your mouth can
enhance or destroy your life.

      Most Christians have no idea how their words are affecting their
lives. Words can either be words of faith - words that confirm the Word of
God, or words of doubt - words that destroy faith. The choice is yours.
Your mouth is connected to your head, not someone else's. You have no one
to blame for what you say other than yourself. Think of it this way. Your
life and your death are in the power of your tongue.

      In (Romans 10:9) the Bible says, "If you will confess with your
mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from
the dead, you will be saved." Notice it says that we are to confess Jesus
with our mouth. It doesn't say to think in our minds. It says to confess
with your mouth, in other words, say with your mouth that Jesus is Lord.

      Jesus said in (Mark 11:23) - "For assuredly, I say to you, whoever
says to this mountain, be removed and be cast into the sea, and does not
doubt in his heart but believes that those things he says will come to
pass, he will have whatever he says."

      Jesus said to say to the mountain, be cast in the sea. He didn't
say think to the mountain. He didn't say believe in your heart and that
will be enough. He said to believe in your heart and say with your mouth
and then you will see the mountain moved.

      A man once told me that he didn't have to ask Jesus for anything
verbally. He said he had been a Christian for so many years that Jesus just
knew his heart. Well, that sounds good, but it's not scriptural. All
through God's Word we are reminded that what we confess with our mouths can
shape the world around us.

      Think of your words as containers. When they are released from your
mouth, they contain faith or they contain doubt. Remember, they are your
words and you are responsible for them.

      (Proverbs 6:2) says we are snared by the words of our mouth. This
simply means that you are responsible for your words. You have a choice.
With your words you can curse and you can bless.

      Speak words of faith. Speak the Word of God. Say, "I can do all
things through Christ who strengthens me." Say, "Jesus is Lord and Satan is
defeated." Say, "He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases." Quote
the Word.

      Remember (Proverbs 18:21) says, "Death and life is in the power of
the tongue."

      All rights reserved. Used by permission.
      This article may be reproduced for teaching purposes but not for
commercial resale
      When writing about this devotional, refer to devotional #0040
      Larry Ollison Ministries PO Box 880, Osage Beach, MO 65065 USA