[Faith-talk] FW: [thefamilyoffaith] Senior Living Ministries - Persevering through persecution

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Sat Jul 2 19:56:37 UTC 2011

Original Message:
From: "TONY - Family of Faith" <familyoffaith at tampabay.rr.com>
To: <thefamilyoffaith at yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [thefamilyoffaith] Senior Living Ministries -  Persevering
through persecution
Date:
Sat, 2 Jul 2011 09:12:07 -0400

              In The King's Business magazine, there was a story
published that told of a Christian fisherman who heard a loud splash one
night as he lay in his boat. He knew the man in the yacht next to him had
been drinking heavily, so he jumped into the cold water to save him.

                        He came to that which was his own, but his own
did not receive him.
                        --John 1:11

            With great effort, he pulled the man back onto his yacht. He
gave him artificial respiration bringing him back to life, and then put him
down under in his bed. After making sure the man was comfortable, the
fisherman swam back to his own boat.

            The next morning, the fisherman returned to the yacht to see
how the man was doing, but the saved man ungratefully replied, "It's none
of your business!"

            The fisherman reminded him that he had rescued him and saved
his life the night before. But instead of showing gratitude, the man openly
cursed and threatened him.

            As the Christian man rowed away, tears filled his eyes and he
prayed, "When I think of how men have treated You, Lord, I'm filled with
sorrow. Now I can begin to understand just a little how You must feel when
others reject You."

            When you are persecuted by others because of your faith,
think of the rejection that Jesus faced so that you could have forgiveness
of your sins and eternal life through Him. Continue to profess His name and
what He did on the cross, because great is your reward when you persevere
in the midst of these trials.

            Prayer Challenge
            Thank the Lord for the sacrifice He made for you in the midst
of persecution and rejection. Pray that He would guard you from the insults
of others and give you strength when you are faced with them, so that His
name may be glorified through it all.

                  Click here to support the continuation of this
e-devotional ministry.

                  © 2010 Senior Living Ministries  |  Forward to a Friend