[Faith-talk] FW: [URCTCPrayerGroup2] [New post] Can The Devil Really Trust You?

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Wed Jun 1 21:13:48 UTC 2011

Original Message:
From: "BeeJay" <beejayokla at cox.net>
To: <URCTCPrayerGroup2 at yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [URCTCPrayerGroup2] [New post] Can The Devil Really Trust You?
Date:
Wed, 1 Jun 2011 14:18:34 -0500

        Can The Devil Really Trust You?
      sisbeejay | June 1, 2011 at 9:14 am | Categories: Uncategorized |

In Matthew 4:7-9, Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt
not tempt the Lord thy God. Again, the devil taketh him up into an
exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and
the glory of them; And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee,
if thou wilt fall down and worship me.

Every single person, saved or not saved, child or adult, have had that
proposition given to them.
Every single day we have to decide if we will accept this proposition.
Satan is god of this present evil world system and he is always looking for
people whom he can use to further his plans. He carefully studies the
character of his recruits and meticulously decides if they can be trusted
to carry out his evil work on earth.

So how does one qualify for a top position in Satan's kingdom? Well, you
have to have at least one of these character traits: proficiency in lying,
known to steal small things, as well as large, know how to treat other
human beings like dirt, sexually immoral, expert at back-biting,
back-stabbing and gossiping, never forgives anybody of any offense and
wouldn't think twice about killing someone if you felt like you had to,
good at deceiving, good at being seen and puffing yourself up, while at the
same time belittling others, and many more such traits.

Now you may think that you are just working every day or going to school,
going back home every evening, eating, sleeping and then going back to work
or school. But have you ever thought about why you may have been passed up
for that big promotion over and over, or why you never get invited to dine
out with certain important people in your company, at your school, in your
church? And why does it seem like your opportunities are limited though you
may possess the same qualifications, or even better qualifications, than
many of your supervisors? Even though you may be a very good worker or
student, why do you seem to never be able to get your foot in the door of
opportunity?

Maybe, just maybe, you've made the right decisions. Maybe you have said
no to the devil just too many times and he just doesn't trust you enough to
do his bidding. Oh he's studied you alright! He's checked you out privately
and unbeknownst to you. He's had people try and temp you to be unfaithful
to your spouse and you wouldn't. And oh, didn't you know that he had things
laying around just to see if you would steal them and you didn't? So, you
certainly wouldn't be able to play his games of craftiness and deceit. How
on earth would you ever be able to climb the latter of Satan's success if
you are too moral to back-stab your friends and co-workers?

With all that has been said, please don't get me wrong. I am not saying
that every person in high positions are Satan's workers. What I am saying
is that Satan is the god of this present evil world's system and, as such,
he has many workers of iniquity in very high positions so that he can
further his kingdom.

However, wait just a minute! Jesus said in Matthew 6:33, but seek ye
first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall
be added unto you.So the Christian's blessings come from God, and we learn
that in Psalm 75:7 that promotion comes from the Lord. When we seek the
Lord and make Him first in our lives, He promises us the things that others
go seeking after but can't find. So if God wants us somewhere for His
purposes, He is able to get us there. If for His reasons and His glory He
wants us promoted, He will open doors that no man can close; and if He does
not want us somewhere, or if He doesn't want us involved with certain
companies, or people, He will close doors that no man can open. The Lord
keeps also His servants from evil and leads them continually in paths of
righteousness for His name sake.

Let us not become dismayed when it seems that we aren't allowed to go to
certain places or get involved with certain people; or when it seems that
we are being passed up for that promotion. God knows what's at every level
of the organization and He has a hedge of protection around those who love
Him. We are in the hands of a great and mighty God! Let us submit all
things to Him and bless His awesome and holy name at all times, whether we
are being promoted or not!

Add a comment to this post

        WordPress.com | Thanks for flying with WordPress!
      Manage Subscriptions | Unsubscribe | Publish text, photos, music,
and videos by email using our Post by Email feature.

http://subscribe.wordpress.com