[Faith-talk] FW: [thefamilyoffaith] Senior Living Ministries - Moving beyond regret

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Fri Jun 3 18:21:38 UTC 2011

Original Message:
From: "TONY - Family of Faith" <familyoffaith at tampabay.rr.com>
To: <thefamilyoffaith at yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [thefamilyoffaith] Senior Living Ministries -  Moving beyond
regret
Date:
Fri, 3 Jun 2011 08:03:55 -0400

              A young, enterprising store clerk convinced his boss a
ten-cent sale would be a great way to reduce inventory. The boss agreed,
and the sale was a tremendous success.

                        Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new
creation; the old has gone, the new has come!
                        --2 Corinthians 5:17

            This gave the young man an idea: He would open his own store
stocking nickel and dime merchandise! So the young man approached his boss
and asked him to invest in his idea for a portion of the profits.

            The boss said no. He thought the idea was ridiculous, and
told the young man, "Honestly, where would you find enough merchandise to
sell for a mere nickel or dime?"

            The determined young clerk went ahead with his plans anyway.
And eventually, F.W. Woolworth had stores all over the country!

            Later, his former boss said with regret, "As far as I can
figure out, every word I used to turn Woolworth down cost me about a
million dollars."

            Do you have something in your past you regret? Perhaps it's
losing contact with someone you love or holding a grudge. Or losing a
relationship. Or being unforgiving. The good news of Jesus Christ is that
every day is a new day for His followers! His blood has cleansed you from
all your sins and Jesus gives you the amazing opportunity to start anew
every day!

            That's the power of His grace!

            Prayer Challenge
            Thank God for the cleansing power of the cross to erase all
your sins. And ask Him to help you with any past regrets you might have. By
His grace you can start anew.

                  Click here to support the continuation of this
e-devotional ministry.

                  © 2010 Senior Living Ministries  |  Unsubscribe  |
Forward to a Friend

You are subscribed to Daily Living Devotional emails from Senior Living
Ministries.