[Faith-talk] Humor: The Final Fixing of the Foolish Fugitive, a retelling of the parable of the prodigal son.

Alan Wheeler awheeler65 at windstream.net
Mon Jun 6 02:55:43 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,
With all the intense debate, I figured I would, with the indulgence of the
moderators, inject a bit of humor.

I heard this yesterday at church and wanted to share it. It's the Prodigal
son retold using alliteration.

"The Final Fixing of the Foolish Fugitive"

"Feeling footloose, fancy-free, and frisky, this feather-brained fellow
finagled his fond father into forking over his fortune. Forthwith, he fled
for foreign fields and frittered his farthings feasting fabulously with
fair-weather friends. Finally, facing famine, and fleeced by his fellows in
folly, he found himself a feed flinger in a filthy farmlot. He fain would
have filled his frame with foraged food from the fodder fragments.

"'Fooey! My father's flunkies fare far fancier,' the frazzled fugitive fumed
feverishly, frankly facing fact.

"Frustrated from failure and filled with forebodings, he fled for his
family.

"Falling at his father's feet, he floundered forlornly. 'Father, I have
flunked and fruitlessly forfeited further family favors. . .'

"But the faithful father, forestalling further flinching, frantically
flagged his flunkies to fetch forth the finest fatling and fix a feast.

"But the fugitive's fault-finding frater, faithfully farming his father's
fields for free, frowned at this fickle forgiveness of former falderal. His
fury flashed, but fussing was futile.

"His foresighted father figured, 'Such filial fidelity is fine, but what
forbids fervent festivities? The fugitive is found! Unfurl the flags! With
fanfare flaring, let fun, frolic, and frivolity flow freely, former failures
forgotten and folly forsaken. Forgiveness forms a firm foundation for future
fortitude.'"

"Grace is getting a high five from God even when you know yourself to be a
sinner." Smuts Van Rooyen
Seventh-day Adventist Kansas/Nebraska camp meeting
Psalms 33:3 Psalms 150:5

Alan Wheeler
Lincoln, Nebraska
awheeler65 at windstream.net