[Faith-talk] FW: [thefamilyoffaith] Lowell Lundstrom - HOW TO WIN A RELIGIOUS NON-CHRISTIAN

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Mon Jun 6 19:43:43 UTC 2011

Original Message:
From: "Joe Diaz" <revjoe2701 at comcast.net>
To: "????  Rev. Joe Diaz ????    His Love Extended Ministries
International" <revjoe2701 at comcast.net>
Subject: [thefamilyoffaith] Lowell Lundstrom - HOW TO WIN A RELIGIOUS
NON-CHRISTIAN
Date:
Mon, 6 Jun 2011 12:40:40 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

June 6  -   HOW TO WIN A RELIGIOUS NON-CHRISTIAN

I'm often asked, "How do you witness to a church goer who lives a decent,
moral life, but has not been born again?"  It's an important question
because many go to a church where the Gospel message is watered down.
It's
very difficult for people who live "good" lives to see their need for a
Savior.

First, don't imply to such a person that they need conversion--they will
probably be offended.  Instead you must win their friendship.  Later, when
the time is right, ask them what they think the greatest need of man is.
They will probably launch out on a lengthy discourse on politics, the
evils
of war, high taxes or corrupt government.  After they talk themselves out
(it may take awhile), they may ask you, "What do you think?"  Then you can
take the opportunity to share with them why every person needs Jesus
Christ
as their personal Savior.  Explain why Christ died on the cross for our
sins
  Point out that everyone has failed God and this is why we all need
forgiveness.  The Holy Spirit will give you the right words to say.
Before
long the person will begin to see that their own good works will not save
them.

 When you're with a person who claims to know Christ but has shown by
their
actions that they don't, they will think you are only critical and
self-righteous if you preach to them or imply they need Christ!  They will
think you're implying you are better than they.  This will destroy your
witness.  Instead, simply speak to them as if they already know Christ!
Act
as if they love Jesus just like you do.  After awhile, they will say to
themselves, "I say I know Christ, but I certainly don't know Him like my
friend does.  I'll have to get better acquainted with Jesus!"  Now you've
helped them to seek God in earnest.

"For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it
pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe" (1
Cor. 1:21).