[Faith-talk] FW: [safehavenofrest] The Mind of Christ

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Tue Jun 7 17:05:13 UTC 2011

Original Message:
From: "Beverly Hembree" <redwhiteblue at juno.com>
To: safehavenofrest at yahoogroups.com, MyFriendlyFamily at yahoogroups.com,
URCTCPrayerGroup2 at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [safehavenofrest] The Mind of Christ
Date:
Tue, 7 Jun 2011 12:22:11 GMT

 The Mind of Christ

1 Corinthians 2:12-16

The best life you could possibly live is the one your Creator has
designed for you. He has given believers everything they need to become
more like Him and to achieve all He has planned for them. Since the way we
think is vitally important in this process, the Lord has given us the mind
of Christ. Now we have the capacity to think as He does and to see
situations from His perspective.

This marvelous ability to align our thoughts with His is a gift that we
receive from God at the moment of salvation. However, the practice of it is
our responsibility. We all come to Christ with minds which are already
“pre-programmed” to one degree or another. For example, a child
who grows up hearing demeaning comments will probably incorporate them into
his concept of who he is and what he can accomplish. Also, this world
system is constantly attempting to fit us into its mold, and Satan tries to
inject his lies into our thinking.

If we are to experience the abundant life the Lord wants us to have, old
thoughts that do not agree with God’s Word must be replaced with
truth. Then we need to screen the ideas that bombard us each day. As we
cooperate with God in this ongoing process, our lives will be transformed.

Compare your thoughts, attitudes, and beliefs with biblical teachings. If
they don’t match, reject those patterns of thinking, and fill your
mind with corresponding truths from Scripture instead. Since the Lord has
empowered believers to think right, let’s cultivate the mind of
Christ within us.