[Faith-talk] Reflections for 3-6-2011

Joshua Lester jlester8462 at students.pccua.edu
Sun Mar 6 19:10:01 UTC 2011

I'd like to do something different for this week's reflections.
Usually, I post song lyrics that have meant something to me, but as of
late, some people haven't gotten much out of them. I've decided to
take a look through scripture, and give some reflections that way. I
was thinking about Romans, 8-28 where it says, "And we Know, that all
things work together for good to them that love God, and to them that
are the called, according to his purpose." Remember, "All things work
together for good." Whatever trial you're going through, it's going to
work out for your good. There's also a scripture that says that God
won't put anymore on you than you can bear. Sometimes, God sends a
trial to test your faith. God revealed some things to me on Wednesday
afternoon. Sometimes, God takes something semple to reveal a greater
truth to someone, (including me.) At about, 12-00 P.M. Wednesday
afternoon, I was sitting on the porch swing waiting for my mother to
get out to take me to school. Every Wednesday, at 12 noon, they test
the storm warning. If the storm warning works, the siren goes off. God
showed me that our faith is like that storm warning. God tests our
faith, to see if it works. You can always tell if someone's faith
isn't working. When every little trial comes their way, they tend to
stay away from church, they don't pray, they blame everything on their
brothers and sisters in Christ, etc. The Bible says that Faith,
without works is dead. The word, "works," means corresponding action.
If your faith doesn't work, it's dead! How does your faith work? Well,
when a trial comes your way, you remember that it's only a test, and
you'll come out on the other side with the victory. You remember that
without a test, there's no testimony, and where there's no mess,
there's no message. You're the first one at church, you're the first
one to the altar, you're praying, praising God, and worshiping. When
you worship like Job did, you'll get the victory. You need to
understand that all things are working together for your good. As some
of you may know, I had been going through a trial since I got home
from convention. I posted about how God healed me of this situation,
but I had questioned him about why it had happened. What I shared with
you about the storm warning, was the revelation of why I was going
through that trial.
Although I disagree with him in many things, Robert Shuler says
something profound, (and it's worth quoting here.) "Tough times won't
last, but tough people do."
I hope this is a blessing to you today. If you're going through
something, please E-mail me off list, and I'll pray for you.
Blessings, Joshua