[Faith-talk] FW: [thefamilyoffaith] Coffee Break - Prepared Today

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Tue Mar 29 16:52:45 UTC 2011

Original Message:
From: "TONY_at_FloridaHealth" <FloridaHealth21 at verizon.net>
To: <thefamilyoffaith at yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [thefamilyoffaith] Coffee Break - Prepared Today
Date:
Mon, 28 Mar 2011 09:27:34 -0400

"Prepared Today"

(Genesis 19:27) - "And Abraham gat up early in the morning to the place
where he stood before the Lord."

----

I have a question for you, "How do you start your day?"  Do you start it
by standing before the Lord and meeting with Him in prayer?  Do you start
it in a rush to get somewhere?  Do you start it by grumbling and
complaining that you have to get out of bed?  Do you begin it with praise
and worship to the Lord for Him keeping you safe and protected through the
night and waking you up to see a new day?  Do you begin it with fear and
dread of what lies ahead?  How you begin the day, not just physically, but
spiritually is so important.

We don't have much control over what may happen to us during the day, but
we do have control over how we handle it, what type of attitude we have and
our reaction to whatever comes our way.  And if we are prepared ahead of
time spiritually (by seeking God first thing and spending time with Him in
prayer, in His word and praying in the Spirit) we will have more power to
withstand the temptations that may come that day.  We will have a greater
level of peace because we have been in the presence of the Prince of Peace.
 We will have a greater foundation of faith to stand upon because faith
comes through hearing God's word- which we hear when we are reading His
word and listening to His voice in prayer.  Starting the day off with God
gives you everything you need and prepares you in advance to face the day.
I read something one time that said, "A day hemmed with prayer is less
likely to come unraveled."  Beginning your day with the Lord will help keep
you together even when your day looks like it is falling apart.

Have a great day.  How are you going to start your day?  The way you
start it will determine how prepared you are to face it.

For further reading:
Matthew 6:33
Romans 10:17
Psalm 16:11
Mark 1:35

<><  <><  <><  <><  <><  <><  <><  <><  <><  <><  <><

Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email:  mastersbusiness at bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web:  www.mastersbusiness.org

You are welcomed to make copies and distribute them free of charge.
You may also forward them via e-mail or post them to your website -
leaving the whole message in tact.
Please remember to give credit to
About the Master's Business Ministry