[Faith-talk] Divine Mercy Sunday

John J. Boyer john at godtouches.org
Sun May 1 12:23:02 UTC 2011

God wishes everyonne to be saved.
hrist died for everyone.
Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned.
Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy.

Today Catholics celebrate Divine Mercy Sunday. It is in memory of Sister
Maria Kowalska, a Polish numn who devoted her life to increasing
awareness of God's mercy. It was instituted by Pope John Paul II, who is
being beatified today. This means that the Church has received evidence
that he sees God face to face and can intercede for us, who are still on
our earthly pilgrimage.

There has been too much on this list about how those who don't hold a
particular form of belief are bound for Hell. Only God can know who will
refuse His mercy and end up there. Paul also warns about premature
judgment, assuming that we know what only God does.

Personally, I believe that Catholicism is the best path to union with
God in this life and to being withh Him in the next. I cerrtainly hope
that when I see Him I will rush into His arms with love. Unfortunately,
some will turn away in horror. For them Hell is actually a severe mercy,
since it is better than being eternally in the presence of someone they
hate.

When Jesus said that the road to heaven was hard and narrow and the road
to perdition wide and easy, I do not think His words should be taken
literally. After all, frrom His point of view, if even one person took
the broad and easy way, that would be one too many.

Let us be merciful, as our Father in Heaven is merciful,
John

--
John J. Boyer, Executive Director
GodTouches Digital Ministry, Inc.