[Faith-talk] FW: [URCTCPrayerGroup2] URCTC Prayer Group 2 Devotional: Don't Lay Down and Quit by Dr Savelle

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Mon May 9 12:05:03 UTC 2011

Original Message:
From: "BeeJay" <beejayokla at cox.net>
To: <Undisclosed-Recipient:;>
Subject: [URCTCPrayerGroup2] URCTC Prayer Group 2 Devotional: Don't Lay
Down and Quit by Dr Savelle
Date:
Mon, 9 May 2011 02:11:20 -0500

Don't Lay Down and Quit
by Jerry Savelle
Verse(s): Micah 7:8

Today's Confession: "It's not in my future to be conquered because in
Christ I am more than a conqueror. I am an overcomer and I will trust in
God and in His ability to always take care of me."

For you to allow your old habits to control you, after what Jesus has
done for you, is to just lay down and quit. You are responsible for what
you learn in the Word. God will expect you to walk in the light that you
have and I am giving you some light today. By the authority of God's Word,
I'm telling you that habits, challenges, trials and tests have been
deprived of their ability to conquer you.
Defeat is not in your future. You ought to write that on an index card
and put it on your refrigerator so you can see it every time you pass by.
"Defeat is not in my future." Begin declaring, "Divorce is not in my
future! Being overweight is not in my future! Losing everything I've worked
hard for is not in my future. Alcoholism is not in my future! Victory is in
my future. Prosperity is in my future. Divine health is in my future.
Success and winning are in my future. Joy and peace are in my future."

One of my favorite scriptures is Micah 7:8 - "Rejoice not against me, O
mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the Lord
shall be a light unto me."

In other words, don't ever give up!

Your situation might be uncomfortable for a season. You will probably
feel like giving up at times. But it is not in your future to be conquered.
You are more than a conqueror. God intended for you to be the victor and
not the victim.

There are a lot of Christians who do not want the responsibility for
their outcome. If they have victory, they are quick to say, "Look at what I
did." But if they have defeat, "I don't know why the Lord let this happen."
God had nothing to do with it. If you are experiencing defeat in your life,
you have no one to blame but yourself. God has already done everything that
is necessary for you and me to be overcomers. He said, ". . . be of good
cheer; I have overcome the world." - John 16:33.

"Be merciful unto me, O God: for man would swallow me up; he fighting
daily oppresseth me. Mine enemies would daily swallow me up: for they be
many that fight against me, O thou most High. What time I am afraid, I will
trust in thee." - Psalm 56:1-3.

In other words, every time there is an opportunity for you to become
fearful, trust God.

"In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can do unto
me. Thy vows are upon me, O God: I will render praises unto thee. For thou
hast delivered my soul from death: wilt not thou deliver my feet from
falling, that I may walk before God in the light of the living?" - Psalm
56:11-13.

This Psalm expresses David's confidence in God's love for him and in
God's ability to deprive his adversary of his ability to kill him. Now
apply this same principle to your old habits. That habit may have
controlled your life for years but now it has lost its power to destroy
your life any longer.

Come and join us here at URCTC:
URCTCPrayerGroup2-owner at yahoogroups.com
a.) Come and join us in our Thursday night Conference call Bible study;
we are
studying faith and the various kinds of prayer.
b.) Join me on my blog:
http://sisbeejay.wordpress.com