[Faith-talk] FW: [thefamilyoffaith] PRACTICE TOLERANCE

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Tue May 10 17:26:16 UTC 2011

Original Message:
From: "Mary Ann" <serenity77 at shaw.ca>
To: <Undisclosed-Recipient:;>
Subject: [thefamilyoffaith] PRACTICE TOLERANCE
Date:
Tue, 10 May 2011 11:15:25 -0600

Practice tolerance.

Tolerate our quirks, our feelings, our reactions, our peculiarities,
and our humanness. Tolerate our ups and downs, our resistance to
change, and our struggling and sometimes awkward nature.

Tolerate our fears, our mistakes, our natural tendency to duck from
problems, and pain. Tolerate our hesitancy to get close, expose
ourselves, and be vulnerable.

Tolerate our need to occasionally feel superior, to sometimes feel
ashamed, and to occasionally share love as an equal. Tolerate the way we
progress - a few steps forward, and a couple back.

Tolerate our instinctive desire to control and how we reluctantly learn
to practice detachment. Tolerate the way we say we want love, and then
sometimes push others away. Tolerate our tendency to get obsessive, forget
to trust God, and occasionally get stuck.

Some things we do not tolerate. Do not tolerate abusive or destructive
behaviors toward others or ourselves.

Practice healthy, loving tolerance of ourselves, said one man. When we
do, we'll learn tolerance for others. Then, take it one step further.
learn that all the humanness we're tolerating is what makes ourselves and
others beautiful.

Today, I will be tolerant of myself. From that, I will learn appropriate
tolerance of others.

The Language of Letting Go.