[Faith-talk] FW: [URCTCPrayerGroup2] Keeping your mind on track by Joyce Meyer

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Sun May 15 16:49:47 UTC 2011

Original Message:
From: Donna Kiser <kiserdonna5 at gmail.com>
To: URCTCPrayerGroup2 at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [URCTCPrayerGroup2] Keeping your mind on track by Joyce Meyer
Date:
Sun, 15 May 2011 12:34:00 -0400

Keeping Your Mind on Track  by Joyce Meyer - posted May 15, 2011

*Keep your foot [give your mind to what you are doing].*
-Eecclesiastes 5:1

I believe the expression "keep your foot" means "don't lose your balance
or
get off track." The ampli?cation of this phrase indicates that one stays
on
track by keeping his mind on what he is doing. I had a wandering mind and
had to train it by discipline. Sometimes I still have a relapse.

While trying to complete some project, I will suddenly realize that my
mind
has just wandered off onto something else that has nothing to do with the
issue at hand. I have not yet arrived at a place of perfect
con¬centration,
but at least I understand how important it is not to allow my mind to go
wherever it wishes, whenever it desires.

If you are like me, you can be sitting in a church service listening to
the
speaker, really enjoying and bene?ting from what is being said, when
suddenly your mind begins to wander. After a while you "wake up" to ?nd
that
you don't remember a thing that has been going on. Even though your body
stayed in church, your mind has been at the shopping center browsing
through
the stores or home in the kitchen cooking dinner.

Remember, in spiritual warfare the mind is the battle?eld. That is where
the
enemy makes his attack. He knows very well that even though a person
attends
church, if he can't keep his mind on what is being taught, he will gain
absolutely nothing by being there. The devil knows that a per¬son cannot
discipline himself to complete a project if he cannot discipline his mind
and keep it on what he is doing.

Remember, Satan wants you to think that you are mentally de?cient- that
something is wrong with you. But the truth is, you just need to begin
disciplining your mind. Don't let it run all over town, doing whatever it
pleases. Begin today to "keep your foot," to keep your mind on what you're
doing. You will need to practice for a while. Breaking old habits and
forming new ones always takes time, but it is worth it in the end.

[image: BirdsDONNAs.gif]

--
*Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable
in