[Faith-talk] FW: [URCTCPrayerGroup2] URCTC Prayer Group 2 devotional: [New post] What Did She Say? Part One by Sis Bee Jay

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Fri May 20 04:07:00 UTC 2011

Original Message:
From: "BeeJay" <beejayokla at cox.net>
To: <Undisclosed-Recipient:;>
Subject: [URCTCPrayerGroup2] URCTC Prayer Group 2 devotional: [New post]
What Did She Say? Part One by Sis Bee Jay
Date:
Thu, 19 May 2011 22:47:38 -0500

        What Did She Say? Part One by Sis Bee Jay
      sisbeejay | May 20, 2011 at 2:58 am | Categories: Uncategorized |

What Did She Say?

Part One

By Sister BeeJay

No, I am not attacking women, but rather my intention is to exhort
Christian women to be better women. You might ask yourself, "But why?"
Well, we Christian women have great, great influence in the world, in our
own communities, and in our homes. Some might even say that behind every
good, successful Christian man is a good Christian woman. I can attest to
the fact that this is usually true, not only in a worldly sense, but
definitely also in a spiritual sense. You see, women are unique in the fact
that God created us to be help meets to our husbands and mothers to our
children. It might not seem like it to many people, but we women of God
have a great responsibility; and yet, so little of us know our own worth in
the home or even take this responsibility seriously.

Over the years, I have often wondered why marriages fail, why children
rebel against society and their parents, and why circumstances in certain
homes are so bleak. I thought and thought about it for some time and I now
know that the Holy Spirit has begun to give me some light on the matter.
The Lord began to show me that women have a great deal to do with many of
these things. The buck could stop with us women. You see, the woman is the
one who nourishes in the family. She is the one in the family who feeds or
sustains with substances necessary to life and growth. She has close
contact with her husband and her children. She teaches her children from a
very early age and she can be the very one in the family who can be the
encourager. So, a lot of what she says and does directly affects the whole
family. When the mother says to her young son, "You are just like your
daddy! You'll always be no good," she is not just speaking negatively, but
she is actually cursing her husband and his son by saying that they are
both resigned to being no good for the rest of their lives. Well, many of
you will think that I am being a little too extreme and that I am taking
words too seriously, but as Christians we have to learn that our words are
to be taken seriously. Proverbs 6:2 says, "Thou art snared with the words
of thy mouth, thou art taken with the words of thy mouth."

We Christians speak words that are powerfully creative and we get what we
say. When we speak to our children words of curses, we are actually
speaking into their lives things that will eventually happen. So, when your
eighteen-year-old son has just been sent to prison, do not wonder what you
as a parent did wrong. Go back a few years and try to remember what words
were spoken over your child with your own mouth. When you call your husband
a "no good, shiftless, good-for-nothing womanizer," do not be surprised if
that is exactly what he becomes. Proverbs 14:1 says, "Every wise woman
buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands."

I know that we all want to be wise women. Therefore, we must remember to
always speak words that build up and not tear down, especially in the home.
We are framing our destinies with our words: we are speaking directly into
our own lives, the lives of our husbands, and the lives of our children. We
are changing circumstances by what we say. "A man's belly shall be
satisfied with the fruit of his mouth: and with the increase of his lips
shall he be filled. Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they
that love it shall eat the fruit thereof. [Proverbs 18:20-21]"

If you would say to me, "Sister BeeJay, you are right; I am guilty," then
join me in this prayer (because we all have been guilty at one time or
another): Heavenly Father, I am guilty! I have spoken cruel, negative words
over my family for years. Father, I repent of all the words of death that I
have sown over my life and over the lives of my husband and children.
Heavenly Father, forgive me. Lord, stand guard over my lips and my tongue,
in the precious name of Jesus. Amen.

Sister BeeJay can be reached at beejayokla at cox.net

Add a comment to this post

        WordPress.com | Thanks for flying with WordPress!
      Manage Subscriptions | Unsubscribe | Express yourself. Start a
blog.

http://subscribe.wordpress.com