[Faith-talk] FW: [thefamilyoffaith] Lowell Lundstrom - (THERE IS A MUSICAL WAR IN PROGRESS)

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Sat May 21 15:48:31 UTC 2011

Original Message:
From: "TONY_at_FloridaHealth" <FloridaHealth21 at verizon.net>
To: <thefamilyoffaith at yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [thefamilyoffaith] Lowell Lundstrom - (THERE IS A MUSICAL WAR IN
PROGRESS)
Date:
Sat, 21 May 2011 09:03:53 -0400

Devotions for Busy People

      MAY 21  -   THERE IS A MUSICAL WAR IN PROGRESS

      I like rhythm.  You can tell by the gospel songs I write.  The
Gospel is good news.  Joy has always been expressed with rhythm, but so has
war!  In today's scripture (see below), Moses had come down from the
mountain with the Ten Commandments and was talking with Joshua.  In the
distance, the unfaithful people of Israel could be heard worshipping a
golden calf and engaging in all kinds of immorality.  Their music, with
drums and pipes and cymbals, sounded like war to Joshua.

       Sounds of satanic warfare can be heard in today's music--war
against parents, authorities, God's moral standards and war against God's
person.  One rock song, "Another One Bites the Dust," expresses the "joys"
of machine-gunning to death the people who give you a hassle.  The group
KISS commands its listeners to bow before the god of rock 'n roll.  Their
song says, "His name is Lucifer."

      Music has more power than you'd think.  In a nationwide survey
taken of 1,000 unwed mothers, 984 admitted that they had conceived their
babies while listening to rock music.  The music world has become so
sensual that one company market-tests recordings before they are released
by rigging teenagers with electronic devices to record their sexual
reaction to each song!

      I used to be a country-rock entertainer before I became a
Christian.  I could see how crowds would go wild when I sang songs like
"Hound Dog."  It was bad news.  I know now music can inspire people to
think about things that are good and true.

       If you want to become a strong Christian, do not expose your mind
to immoral or anti-Christian music.  Listen to the wide variety of fine
Christian music that is available today.

      "And when Joshua heard the noise of the people as they shouted, he
said unto Moses, There is a noise of war in the camp.  And he said, It is
not the voice of them that shout for mastery, neither is it the voice of
them that cry for being overcome: but the noise of them that sing do I
hear" (Exodus 32:17-18).

Remember:  WHATEVER YOU CONDONE OR TOLERATE, YOU WILL SOON ADOPT!

Also read:     Ps. 33:1-4; 92:1-3; 150

      Scripture links by Blue Letter Bible

      (c) Lowell Lundstrom 1983-2011

      This week's Good News Radio show with Lowell & Connie. Click to
listen