[Faith-talk] FW: [URCTCPrayerGroup2] In Touch with Dr. Charles Stanley

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Tue May 31 18:01:43 UTC 2011

Original Message:
From: "Beverly Hembree" <redwhiteblue at juno.com>
To: safehavenofrest at yahoogroups.com, URCTCPrayerGroup2 at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [URCTCPrayerGroup2] In Touch with Dr. Charles Stanley
Date:
Mon, 30 May 2011 07:12:20 GMT

  May 30How to Walk WiselyProverbs 28:26Believers are to walk by faith,
according to 2 Corinthians 5:7. However, with so many voices clamoring for
us to follow worldly paths, we sometimes struggle to hear and apply
God’s wisdom. For example, our natural impulse to withhold mercy is
hard to ignore, even though the Lord demands that we forgive (Eph.
4:32).Godly wisdom is the capacity to view things as the Lord does and to
respond according to biblical principles. This discernment isn’t
automatic. Yes, God’s Spirit lives inside believers to prompt them to
do right. However, each individual chooses whether or not to pursue the
wise way.If a person is going to walk wisely, he or she must commit to
remaining on the right path—that is, to determine in the heart,
“I will follow God no matter what.” Pleasing the Lord and
conforming to His likeness are always the right things to do.Resolving to
honor the Lord transforms the way that believers make decisions. Instead of
following instincts or impulses, I choose to seek God’s viewpoint in
a given situation. Moreover, rather than relying on other people’s
advice, I choose to search Scripture for verification of what I hear Him
saying to me. As a result, the Holy Spirit’s quiet voice becomes
easier to discern, and those worldly shouts fade.You have a loving heavenly
Father who honors the heartfelt commitment to walk according to His will.
God assumes responsibility for offering His children sought-after wisdom
and enabling them to keep walking on the right path (Prov. 3:5-6).
Following Him is always the best decision.For more biblical teaching and
resources from Dr. Charles Stanley, please visit www.intouch.org.Used with
permission from In Touch Ministries, Inc. © 2009 All Rights Reserved. Click
below for more great Crosswalk resources!

More Devotionals        Newsletters         Popular Articles
Spiritual Life             Marriage               Parenting

  Visit Israel - You'll Never Be The Same
Israel's Greatest National Treasure
Fundraising? Get FREE kit
Your Private Christian School
Publish Your Book

Crosswalk.com is a member of the Salem Web Network of sites including:
Oneplace.com
LightSource.com
ChristianJobs.com
CrossCards.com
SermonSearch.com
Christianity.com
ChristianCollege.com
BibleStudyTools.com
Jesus.org
GodTube.com
TheFish.com

   Send a FREE Ecard!More FREE Ecards Happy Birthday  Name of Jesus  We
Are So Proud  Eat Cake

ABOUT THIS NEWSLETTER
This newsletter is never sent unsolicited. You received this email
because your email address, redwhiteblue at juno.com, is signed up to receive
email from a Salem Web Network website. We respect and value your time and
are committed to protecting your privacy. Use the links below to update
your profile and subscriptions, unsubscribe from this email, or find out
more about Salem Web Network (SWN).

Manage my Subscriptions | Unsubscribe from this List | Read about SWN

Salem Web Network | Copyright 2011. All rights reserved. | 111 Virginia
St., Suite 500, Richmond, VA 23219