[Faith-talk] Thursday's Quotes and a Brief Result of Yesterday's Prayer Request

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 10:57:18 UTC 2011

Hello and good day to you all.  Here are today's thought-provoking pearls of wisdom for your consideration.

A true friend is like support to a leaning wall.

One measure of our love for God is our love for the written word and our love for the living Word.

We can show mercy to others because God has shown mercy to us.

Knowing God gives meaning to life, and obeying God gives purpose to life.

No matter how far you've run from God, He's only a prayer away.

Forgiveness is Christianity in action.

Only when we acknowledge our weakness can we be strong in the Lord.

Joy is the result of a right relationship with God.

And there you have it for today.  It turns out that Mr. Sanger died the night before he was to appear in court, which, for him, was probably the best thing, but for the family, there is the period of grief to go through, both individually and collectively.  Again, I don't know if they were Christians or not, nor do I wish to pass judgment on something I know nothing about.  We all hope and pray that they are.

And now until tomorrow when, Lord willing more quotes will be presented, I remain your obedient servant of the Lord, Paul Barnabas.