[Faith-talk] National Bible Week

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 15:32:09 UTC 2011

Hello again.  This is Paul, and was wondering if your church is doing anything for National Bible Week? As I understand it, this recognition of the Bible in all areas of life was first promulgated and celebrated during the administration of, I think, President Ronald Reagan.  Unless legislation was recently passed disallowing the observance of NBW, I suppose it's still on the books.  The undersigned can remember in 1987 when he was chosen to read a given portion of Scripture on the steps of the U.S. Capitol in Washington, DC, which was a thrilling experience, despite the rather windy and cold weather.  Paul