[Faith-talk] FW: [URCTCPrayerGroup2] Evil forebodings by Joyce Meyer

karin karinjhar at att.net
Wed Nov 23 02:45:46 UTC 2011

Thank you for this.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Eric Calhoun
  To: faith-talk at nfbnet.org
  Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2011 10:20 AM
  Subject: [Faith-talk] FW: [URCTCPrayerGroup2] Evil forebodings by Joyce Meyer

  Original Message:
  From: "Donna" <godsgirl54 at att.net>
  To: <URCTCPrayerGroup2 at yahoogroups.com>
  Date:
  Tue, 22 Nov 2011 10:18:15 -0500

  Evil Forebodings
  by Joyce Meyer - posted November 22, 2011

  All the days of the desponding and afflicted are made evil [by anxious
  thoughts and forebodings], but he who has a glad heart has a continual
  feast [regardless of circumstances].
  -Proverbs 15:15

  Shortly after I began to seriously study the Bible, I felt an oppressive
  atmosphere around me. Everything seemed gloomy-as if something bad was
  going to happen. It wasn't anything I could explain, just a vague, dreaded
  sense of something evil or wrong about to happen.

  "Oh, God," I prayed. "What's going on? What is this feeling?"

  I had hardly uttered the question when God spoke to me. "Evil
  forebodings."

  I had to meditate on that for several minutes. I had never heard the
  phrase before. God had spoken to me, and I stayed quiet before Him so I
  could hear the answers.

  I realized, first of all, that my anxieties weren't real-that is, they
  were not based on true circumstances or situations. I was having
  problems-as most of us do -but they were not as critical as the devil was
  making it appear. My acceptance of his lies, even though they were vague,
  was opening the door for the evil forebodings.

  I eventually realized that I had lived in the midst of similar gloomy
  feelings most of my life. I was expecting something bad to happen instead
  of aggressively expecting something good.

  I felt a dread, an unexplained anxiety around me. I couldn't put my
  finger on anything specific-only that sense of something evil or terrible.

  The Living Bible says, "When a man is gloomy, everything seems to go
  wrong." That's how I felt, as if something-maybe everything-was wrong or
  was about to go wrong.

  As previously stated, I realized that for most of my life, I had been
  miserable because of evil thoughts and anxious forebodings.

  As I continued to meditate on evil forebodings, God broke through and
  gave me a clear revelation. I was miserable because my thoughts were
  miserable-my thoughts were poisoning my outlook.

  My thoughts robbed me of the ability to enjoy my life. I should have been
  saying, "Thank You, God, for today. Thank you for Dave and my children and
  my friends and all Your blessings." But, instead of being positive, I found
  myself even dreading to answer the phone when it rang, for fear it might be
  bad news.

  All of this gloom and doom that surrounded me began in my abusive
  childhood. I endured a great deal of misery, and most of my life was
  unhappy and filled with disappointments. I began to live in a vague fear
  and dread of the future. I had not been taught to let go of what was
  behind.

  I couldn't rejoice in what I had now and the good things going on in my
  life. I focused on the past and what might lie ahead-and what lay ahead was
  usually gloom and doom and chaos because that was what I was expecting.
  Satan had built a stronghold in my mind, and I was trapped until I learned
  I could tear down that negative, evil stronghold by applying God's Word to
  my life and circumstances.

  I once had a friend whom I'll call Marlene. She lived in a state of
  constant chaos. One day she had health problems. The next day Marlene's son
  had lost his job, and they were going to have to support him and his
  family. As soon as that was over, another traumatic situation would erupt.

  Marlene was a Christian, but she lived in fear of bad news. Marlene would
  not have known how to live a life that was not filled with chaos. All of
  her conversation was negative and gloomy. Even her countenance was sad and
  gloomy.

  I realized that I had started to become like Marlene-I was miserable
  because I had allowed Satan to rob me of the ability to enjoy my life. It
  took a while before I was able to be positive most of the time, but little
  by little, my thinking changed, and so did my life.

  I no longer live in evil forebodings, expecting to hear at any moment of
  a new problem. Now I purposely expect good things to happen in my life. I
  realize now that I can choose my thoughts. I don't have to accept Satan's
  lies.

  Like everyone else, negative things do happen to me from time to time,
  but I don't become negative because of them. I remain positive, and that
  helps me enjoy my life even in the midst of the storms.

  Prayer: Dear Lord Jesus, through so many days in my life, I have been
  robbed of my joy and contentment by evil forebodings. As those feelings
  come to me, please remind me that You are in control. Help me to rest in
  You and rejoice in Your power in my life. Amen.

  Donna K

  You will keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You because he
  trusts in You. Isaiah 26:3

  To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for Faith-talk:
  http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/faith-talk_nfbnet.org/karinjhar%40att.net