[Faith-talk] FW: [thefamilyoffaith] The real enemy by Joyce Meyer

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Fri Nov 25 20:09:16 UTC 2011

Original Message:
From: "Donna" <godsgirl54 at att.net>
To: <thefamilyoffaith at yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [thefamilyoffaith] The real enemy by Joyce Meyer
Date:
Fri, 25 Nov 2011 14:50:43 -0500

The Real Enemy
by Joyce Meyer - posted November 25, 2011

But if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him drink;
for by so doing you will heap burning coals upon his head. Do not let
yourself be overcome by evil, but overcome (master) evil with good.
-Romans 12:20-21

Placing blame is a problem, but placing blame in the wrong place is even
worse. The Bible says our warfare is with the devil, not with people
(Ephesians 6:12). We desire revenge when people hurt us, but if the devil
is really the one behind all of our pain, how can we get him back?

The Bible also states we overcome evil with good. Satan is evil, and the
way to get back at him is to aggressively be good to everyone we meet,
including our enemies. It is not natural to pray for one's enemies or to
bless them. It is not the response the devil expects or hopes for.

When we do become angry and bitter, we play right into his hands. We open
a door for him to walk through and allow him to gain access to many areas
of our lives through an unforgiving attitude. Our joy is adversely
affected, as is our health, our peace, our prayer life, our sleep habits,
our confidence, etc.

Unity and agreement produce power, so it stands to reason that
disagreement and disunity produce powerlessness.

Lord, I need to see the real enemy who's behind the evil that comes my
way. Help me to overcome it by doing good to others, even to those whom I
perceive to be my enemies. Amen.

Donna

You will keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You because he
trusts in You. Isaiah 26:3