[Faith-talk] An Addition to the Post on Claude Ely from Joshua

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 26 23:19:26 UTC 2011

Paul,
I haven't heard of this album or singer.
I didn't know the Library of congress issued religious music! I know they
did folk tunes and some by the shakers and African American spirituals, but
I didn't know about the religious music. Of course some folk tunes and
spirituals are somewhat religious.
What else is on "Religious songs, congregational and ceremonial" album? Is
it just
Claude's congregation? Based on the title of the song, I assume its music is
by a harp, and other songs probably instrumental; after all back then they
did not have the fancy base drums, electric guitars, and sound mixing we do
for todays Christian bands.

Older songs are only on old fashioned technology, i.e. cassette or records.
Do you know if the library of congress still has this album? Maybe we can
buy a copy from them?
I'll also check the internet for any songs by this individual.

Ashley