[Faith-talk] Shape note singing

Debbie Brown 63characters at comcast.net
Mon Nov 28 11:34:57 UTC 2011

Shape note singing is still done in the nonistrumental Churches of Christ.
Many of the older people know nothing else.  You can get computer programs
that generate shape notes, but I forget the name of the one that some of our
song leaders used.

the good thing about that kind of music is that singing is for everyone.  It
is a command in the Bible to sing, and it is not meant for just a
professional choir, but for everyone.  I find people mumbling along with an
organ not very inspiring.

Debbie Brown