[Faith-talk] FW: [URCTCPrayerGroup2] Satan Attempts to Confuse the Truth - Larry Ollison

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Sun Oct 2 20:38:13 UTC 2011

Original Message:
From: "Donna" <godsgirl54 at att.net>
To: <URCTCPrayerGroup2 at yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [URCTCPrayerGroup2] Satan Attempts to Confuse the Truth - Larry
Ollison
Date:
Sat, 1 Oct 2011 19:24:58 -0400

Satan Attempts to Confuse the Truth

by Dr. Larry Ollison

A few years ago, while I was out of town speaking at several meetings in
Iowa, I stopped in at a little Bible bookstore. While I was there, I met a
man who was a minister and pastor of one of the local denominational
churches. He told me of all the great things his church was doing and how
he was teaching his people the whole truth about the Bible.

While we were talking, I reached down and picked up a book by Billy
Graham on angels. The minister immediately stopped talking and looked
intently at me and said. "You don't believe in angels and demons do you?"
At first I thought he was joking and then I noticed that he wasn't smiling.
He went on to tell me his philosophy. He said that at his church, he had
taught his people that demons and angels do not really exist. Instead of
actually being spirit beings, they were merely a representative of good and
evil in the Bible.

Well, let me say this: angels and demons do exist. God's Word, the Holy
Bible is true. It's not partially true. It's not mostly true. It's all
true. Everything it says, everything it promises, is true. If the Bible
tells about demons and angels, then they do exist.

Evidently, this minister was trying to tell me that he believed some
parts of the Bible but not all of it.

The bottom line is this: that kind of thinking is confused and wrong. We
must believe the whole Word of God. There is no middle ground.

The Bible tells us in (Titus 1:2) and (Hebrews 6:18) that it is
impossible for God to lie. Every word that proceeds from His mouth is true.
Everything that He says will happen, will happen. What He says He will do,
He will do. Not only does God not lie, but God cannot lie. It's impossible.

Satan, on the other hand is a liar. Jesus said in (John 8:44) that Satan
is a liar and he is the father of lies. There is no truth in him. Jesus
went on to say that when Satan speaks a lie, he speaks from his own
resources, for he is a liar.

So, here we have it clearly divided. On one hand, we have God who will
not and can not lie. On the other hand, we have Satan who will not and can
not tell the truth.

Now, if someone tells you that something in the Bible is not true, where
do you think that comes from? Satan, of course! Whenever God speaks,
whether it's through His Word or whether it's to your heart by His Holy
Spirit, as soon as the words leave His mouth, Satan is there to lie and
confuse.

That's what happened in the Garden of Eden. God told Eve one thing and
Satan implied that God didn't really mean what He said. He made Eve think
that it was possible for God to lie and it destroyed her. That's what Satan
wants to do to you and me.

Faith is the key to everything in the Bible. Salvation, healing, peace,
and victory all depend on faith. Believing that God does not lie is the key
to faith. If Satan can get us to believe that it is remotely possible for
God to lie, then our faith will be small or nonexistent, and that gives
Satan an advantage in our lives.

God loves faith and Satan hates it. Faith will destroy Satan's kingdom.

So, remember this and you will take the first step toward victory. God
cannot lie and Satan cannot tell the truth.