[Faith-talk] special needs ministry

Tom Vos vost at iowatelecom.net
Mon Oct 3 23:51:40 UTC 2011

Perhaps most of us don't care to be in the category of "special needs" just
because we are blind.
I'll acknowledge that intellectual disabilities require a special approach,
but somehow we want the church to be a place where everyone belongs, and
everyone serves.
A few people get it, but not many.
I think it will always be up to us to teach our brothers and sisters what it
takes for us to belong, and how we wish to serve others.
Maybe, Barbara, if you can find someone who gets it in your church, that
person can be an advocate for your family.
If even a few people begin to understand how to practice hospitality, our
churches will become more welcoming places.
Blessings,
Tom