[Faith-talk] FW: [URCTCPrayerGroup2] It's not what you know by Gloria Copeland

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Fri Oct 7 17:35:46 UTC 2011

Original Message:
From: "Donna" <godsgirl54 at att.net>
To: <URCTCPrayerGroup2 at yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [URCTCPrayerGroup2] It's not what you know by Gloria Copeland
Date:
Fri, 7 Oct 2011 10:14:20 -0400

It's Not What You Know
Gloria Copeland
Have faith in God. For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say
unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and
shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he
saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. Therefore I
say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye
receive them, and ye shall have them.

- Mark 11:22-24

Notice Jesus didn't say we should believe we've received what we ask for
when we see it. He said to believe you receive when you pray.

Now, if you follow His instructions, how do you think you're going to
act? Are you going to walk around all depressed and joyless? Are you going
to stand around wringing your hands worrying?

No! You're going to rejoice and praise God for the answer to your prayer.
You're going to act like you've already received it.

Right here is where many people miss it. They know God's Word works, but
they fail to act on it.

You may have been studying the Word for 20 years. You may know how to
live by faith better than anyone around. But remember, it's not what you
know that will bring you through in victory-it's what you do.

You can walk in faith consistently through 10 trials that come your way
and experience great success. Yet on the 11th one, if you neglect to act on
the Word, you'll fail. Although the string of victories in your past is a
wonderful thing, it's what you do today that will get you through today's
test or trial.

So set your heart and mind on doing what the Word says...in every
situation. Believe you receive when you pray...and enjoy the victory!

Scripture Reading: 1 John 3:19-22

Jesus said if I can believe all things are possible, so I believe. Mark
9:23