[Faith-talk] special needs ministry

Sheila Leigland sleigland at bresnan.net
Wed Oct 12 01:41:36 UTC 2011

We had a friend that had a severely handicapped child and they were always fighting to keep him with kids his own age but someone dicided to put him in the nursery which is for kids from eighteen months to three years. This child was much older than that and was to strong to be with the little ones. It was so hard to find people to work with him and it was thought that his parents should do it all and the parents resented it. Theese things can get so complicated and hard feelings can happen easily. At one church they thought we should sit in the special needs section even though we didn't need that it was for people in wheelchairs and those that used american sign language.