[Faith-talk] FW: [URCTCPrayerGroup2] Pray: anywhere, anytime by Joyce Meyer

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Mon Oct 24 18:24:58 UTC 2011

Last one, folks.

Original Message:
From: "Donna" <godsgirl54 at att.net>
To: <URCTCPrayerGroup2 at yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [URCTCPrayerGroup2] Pray: anywhere, anytime by Joyce Meyer
Date:
Mon, 24 Oct 2011 14:22:08 -0400

Pray: Anywhere, Anytime
by Joyce Meyer - posted October 24, 2011

Pray at all times (on every occasion, in every season) in the Spirit,
with all [manner of] prayer and entreaty.
-Ephesians 6:18

This important verse lets us know that we can pray anywhere at any time
about anything and that we should be watchful to do so. If we believe and
practice this scripture, it can be life-changing and certainly prayer
changing.

It seems even when we do think about some prayer concern, we almost
always follow that thought with another type of wrong thinking: I need to
remember to pray about this during my prayer time. Why don't we stop and
pray right then? Because we have a mental stronghold in this area. We think
we must be in a certain place, in a certain frame of mind, and in a certain
position before we can pray.

It's no wonder we don't get much praying done. If the only time we can
pray is when we are sitting still and doing absolutely nothing else, most
of us certainly won't be praying without ceasing.

We should all set aside a time to spend with God when we are doing
nothing else, and we should discipline ourselves to keep our appointments
with Him. Yes, we should have these set-apart times, but in addition to
that we should be exercising our privileges of prayer all day long. Our
prayers can be verbal or silent, long or short, public or private-the
important thing is that we pray!