[Faith-talk] FW: [thefamilyoffaith] FAITH - John MacArthur Devotional

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Wed Oct 26 21:54:19 UTC 2011

Original Message:
From: "thefamilyoffaith" <TheFamilyofFaith at tampabay.rr.com>
To: <thefamilyoffaith at yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [thefamilyoffaith] FAITH - John MacArthur Devotional
Date:
Wed, 26 Oct 2011 13:59:42 -0400

FAITH

According to the Apostle Paul in (2 Corinthians 5), "We walk by faith and
not by sight." Paul writing to the Galatians in chapter 2 says, "We live by
the faith of the Son of God."

----

(Hebrews 11) says, "Without faith it is impossible to please God, and
faith is the evidence of things hoped for, the evidence of things not
seen." So we believe and we live by faith. Faith is the dominating feature
of the life of every Christian because we have to put our trust entirely in
what we cannot see."

What do we mean by that?

We trust in a God we have not seen. We trust in a Christ we have not
seen. We trust in a Holy Spirit we have not seen. We embrace a death and
resurrection we have not seen. We trust in a justification we have not
seen. And we look for a fulfillment in eternal heaven which we have not
seen. Peter describes us this way, "We love the one we have not seen."

And so we live by faith. It is not blind faith, it is faith based on
evidence. And the evidence for our faith, what anchors our faith is the
Scripture, the Word of God, because this tells us all we need to know and
it is a true Word, it is a sure Word, it is an unassailable Word. But
nonetheless, we live by faith.