[Faith-talk] FW: FW: [thefamilyoffaith] I Don't Care - by Dr. Larry Ollison

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Sun Oct 30 16:32:14 UTC 2011

Original Message:
From: "Eric Calhoun" <eric at pmpmail.com>
To: faith-talk at nfbnet.rg
Subject: FW: [thefamilyoffaith] I Don't Care - by Dr. Larry Ollison
Date:
10/30/2011 11:31:47 AM

Original Message:
From: "thefamilyoffaith" <TheFamilyofFaith at tampabay.rr.com>
To: <thefamilyoffaith at yahoogroups.com>
Date:
Sat, 29 Oct 2011 08:31:16 -0400

I Don't Care
by Dr. Larry Ollison

Some people have everything. But I don't. I don't have a care and I don't
want one!

In Webster's 1828 Dictionary, the main definition for care is to be
anxious and the variations of the definition all have to do with a degree
of anxiety. But as Christians, we are told in Philippians 4:6 that we
should be anxious for nothing.

We know there are certain things that are always sin. Pride, adultery,
covetousness, and fornication are always sins. There is no such thing as
good adultery and bad adultery. Adultery is always sin. There is no such
thing as good pride and bad pride. Pride is always sin. I have heard it
taught that care is always sin. But how can that be when First Peter 5:7
tells us God cares for us and God does not sin?

The reality is, the care we cast upon Him (gr. merimna) is different from
the care (gr. melo) He has for us. The synonyms for the care we are to
cast
upon Him are: affliction, aggravation, alarm, anguish, anxiety, distress,
encumbrance, fear, handicap, hindrance, hardship, oppression, pressure,
sorrow, stew, strain, stress, sweat, tribulation, trouble, unhappiness,
vexation, woe, and worry. As a Christian, you cannot walk in this type of
care.

Every definition of this word (gr. merimna), which is only used six times
in the New Testament, is anti-faith. Three of the references (Matthew
13:22, Mark 4:19, Luke 8:14) talk about how this type of care will choke
the Word and make the Word and the one who has it unfruitful. Walking in
care can literally destroy your ministry, your health, and your family. On
the other hand, the care that God has for us (gr. melo) simply indicates
that we matter to Him.

In the current economic crisis, we must take all of our anxieties,
stress, and worry and cast that care upon Him. We must continue to live
our
lives from a position of faith and give no entrance to the cares of the
world. Remember, the cares of the world choke the Word and we are Word
people.

During the time of Isaac, the economy was in total devastation. There was
a famine in the land. But Isaac sowed in this time of famine and became so
prosperous that he was envied by the Philistines. The Bible tells us that
he harvested a hundredfold even though his sowing was done during a time
of
economic crisis. (Genesis 26)

During the Great Depression of the 1930's countless people lost their
life savings. But what has often gone unreported is this. Many
millionaires
were made at the same time. There is no less or no more wealth in the
earth
today than there was a year ago. It's only in different places. The
difference between Isaac and the others of his day is that he would not
allow the conditions of the world to affect his determination to sow and
even though there was poverty all around him, he became exceedingly
wealthy
because he did not abandon the principle of sowing and reaping.

As believers in these last days, we must be examples. Instead of drawing
back because things look bad, we must continue in faith and cast all of
our
fear and anxiety upon Him. The result will be great victory and increase
when it looks like failure.

When your back is against the wall and it looks like imminent defeat, God
has a better plan. It's called imminent victory.

Scripture References:
"Now he who received seed among the thorns is he who hears the word, and
the cares of this world and the deceitfulness of riches choke the word,
and
he becomes unfruitful." (Matthew 13:22.)

"And the cares of this world, the deceitfulness of riches, and the
desires for other things entering in choke the word, and it becomes
unfruitful." (Mark 4:19.)

"Now the ones that fell among thorns are those who, when they have heard,
go out and are choked with cares, riches, and pleasures of life, and bring
no fruit to maturity." (Luke 8:14.)

1 Peter 5:7 (in different versions):

"Give all your worries to him, because he cares about you." (New Century
Version)

"Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about what happens
to you." (New Living Translation)
"Casting all your anxiety upon Him, because He cares for you." (New
American Standard Bible)