[Faith-talk] something to think about

Joshua Lester jlester8462 at students.pccua.edu
Fri Sep 9 21:57:29 UTC 2011

We can adapt this spiritually.
In the early days of the church, we didn't have the conveniences, that
we do today.
We depended on God.
The world will tell us, "God doesn't exist."
The skeptics will say, "God doesn't work miracles today."
We need to tell them, we didn't have the conveniences in our day, and
we don't want them.
We take God's word for granted, and we use the conveniences.
Instead of going green, (in the since of what we're doing today,) we
should do things the old fashioned way, and recycle.
Well, the same way works spiritually.
We should do the same thing, we used to do, in the early church, and
put all of our trust in God.
Thank God for modern conveniences, but when TV can keep you from God's
house, that's a problem.
When radio shows can keep you from God's house, that's a problem.
We need to repent!
Sometimes, I wish we didn't have all of this stuff.
That's why some people think that they don't need God.
I remember hearing, that in the early days of Pentecostalism, if
someone was insane, they were considered to have a devil.
The early church practiced casting out devils, and many were set free,
from that demonic oppression.
Nowadays, we medicate them, putting a bandaid on the problem.
Jesus said, "In my name, you shall cast out devils."
We're too scared, to opperate, like the early church did.
I'm not against doctors, but first, have the elders of the church
anoint you with oil, and pray the prayer of faith, (James 5:14/15.
If the healing doesn't come, then go to the doctor.
The doctor should be the last resort, not the first.
Put God first.
Blessings, Joshua