[Faith-talk] Thursday's Quotes

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 05:00:48 UTC 2011

Yes, as you can see by this post I'm doing my quote thing a bit early today.  Just can't sleep, so the early berd decided to post.  Thanks for all the feedback on this list.  May wait until later to post the same quotes to the other lists.  And yes, I don't get my messages back in my inbox.  Sorry about not being as computer savvy as the rest of you, but I can't rightly configure my gmail account to automatically send me back my messages.  Obviously there's a way, but I don't know how.  The only way this can be accomplished is for me to call a person on the phone who is sensitive enough to walk me through the process.  If any of you want to take on this task, please email the undersigned privately at oilofgladness47 at gmail.com, giving me your phone number and the best time to call.  Besides, I like to hear the voices of people with whom I am communicating by email from time to time.  Anyway, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, I digress.  Here are today's quotes.  Be blessed as you read them.

God is love, and Satan is hate.

Why live for the devil as the world does?

A good man does good works, but good works do not make a man good!

What builders take months or years to build, wreckers tear down in a matter of days.  (quote compiler's comment:  Ditto for the Christian life).

It is better for both tools and men to wear out than to rust out.

There are those whose sole concern for work is how they may get out of it.

No one is more secure than the one who is held in God's hands.

God speaks through His Word; take time to listen.

You can be a glimpse of God's love to someone.

If you want God to lead you, be willing to follow.

And there you have it for today.  By the way, over on that nearby side table are some delicious treats for all you boys and girls.  But remember:  Don't gobble them all up.  Others are coming behind you and they want some too.

And now until tomorrow when, Lord willing more quotes will be presented, I remain your obedient servant of the Lord, Paul Barnabas.