[Faith-talk] Singing Hymns

Nikki daizies304 at comcast.net
Sun Sep 25 11:13:49 UTC 2011

    Joshua! I totally agree!
I love that song "oh I want to see Him"

-----Original Message-----
From: Joshua Lester
Sent: Sunday, September 25, 2011 6:02 AM
To: Faith-talk,for the discussion of faith and religion
Subject: Re: [Faith-talk] Singing Hymns

Ms Williams, your name is listed, but your E-mail is blank.
I'd love to hear what you believe on this topic, because after all,
this is a discussion of faith, and religion.
One of my favorite choruses says this.
No, never alone.
No, never alone.
He promised never to leave me
never to leave me alone.
That's the truth, "I will never leave you, nor forsake you."
"I'll be with you, even until the end of the age," (NKJV.)
If "Pass me Not," is sung, it should be as an invitational song, for
lost sinners to come to repentance.
It shouldn't be a hymn, in the worship service.
We don't even sing those kind of hymns, in our church, anyway.
We sing newer hymns, such as this one.
"Oh I want to see him, look upon his face.
There to sing forever of his saving grace.
On the streets of Glory
let me lift my voice.
Cares are past
home at last
ever to rejoice.
Then, we go into "I'll Fly Away."
Then, we go into some African-american spirituals, such as "Walk with
Me," "Glory Glory, Hallelujah, since I laid my burdens down."
That's the kind of stuff, or "At the Cross," that we should sing in
worship services, (in my oppinion.)
There's nothing like African-american choir music!
Blessings, Joshua