[Faith-talk] Good Saturday Night Message

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 00:51:08 UTC 2012

Hello and good evening to those of you residing in North America.  If you live in Britain or on the European continent, you're probably still dead to the world.  On the other hand, if you live in Australia or New Zealand, you're probably either at church or enjoying after-church activities, depending on what time it is.  Anyway here in North America it's the eve of Palm Sunday, the time when traditionally we celebrate the triumphal entry into Jerusalem by our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  It is my firm opinion that the crowds that welcomed him with the words "Hosanna to the Son of David!" were not the ones who said later in the week, "Crucify Him!" I think that the religious leaders stirred up people to encourage them to say those awful words.  Even in our own time, politicians do that so, in the words of William Golden, "What else is new?"

Anyway this message is for you who, for one reason or another, would like a word of encouragement.  My words come from Hebrews 13:5 which says that God will "never leave you nor forsake you," even in your trial of sleeplessness for whatever reason.  And, if you can't sleep, remember all your brothers and sisters in the Lord, who just might be praying for you.  Now picture in your mind all of us gathered around a gigantic circle, holding hands and praying for each other.  Perhaps in your mind's eye you can picture your turning to your neighbor and praying specifically for a need so deep in the other's heart that it can't be expressed in words.  I've had that happen in my time, and I would always wake up feeling refreshed, knowing that a particular person was fervently praying for me.  Let's try to do that this evening, OK? And now, with this in mind, let's drift off to sleep, knowing that God and all of us are together in the same boat.  Your Christian brother, Paul Barnabas.