[Faith-talk] FW: [thefamilyoffaith] Don't Shoot the Wounded - by Dr. Larry Ollison

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Tue Apr 3 20:03:10 UTC 2012

Original Message:
From: "thefamilyoffaith" <TheFamilyofFaith at tampabay.rr.com>
To: <thefamilyoffaith at yahoogroups.com>,
<INTERCESSORS-ALLNATIONS at yahoogroups.com>,
<dfpprayerwarriors at suddenlink.net>, <unitedprayermail at aol.com>,
<CcHhEeSsTtEeRr at yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [thefamilyoffaith] Don't Shoot the Wounded - by Dr. Larry
Ollison
Date:
Tue, 3 Apr 2012 12:31:13 -0400

Don't Shoot the Wounded

by Dr. Larry Ollison

"Brethren, if a man is overtaken in any trespass, you who are spiritual
restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness, considering yourself lest you
also be tempted" (Galatians 6:1).

Over the years I have heard one statement too many times. Just last week
I was at a meeting and someone said, "When the church goes to battle, it is
the only army that shoots its wounded." This should never be.

God's plan for the church is rest, recovery, and restoration. But all too
often we apply this mindset only to those who are currently walking in the
things of God. It is true that Christians should be at rest, but recovery
and restoration is not solely the benefit of those who are walking in
faith.

Many Christians are living outside of God's best. They live their lives
daily with stress and pressures and many have hurting hearts. When the
pressures come upon these "young in faith" Christians, they do not
necessarily react properly.

Yes, it is true that a mature Christian who encounters trials in life
increases in faith and patience and actually becomes stronger because of
the Word heard and spoken during the trial. (James 1:2) tells us that we
should "count it all joy when you fall into various trials." However, the
immature Christian does not necessarily react this way.

Ii would be great if all Christians were mature and knew how to withstand
the storms of life. However, this does not mean that the church body should
ridicule, condemn, or exclude immature Christians who react poorly.

It is time for the mature church to stand up and act mature. We have a
responsibility to teach, train, and show by example the love of God for
each other. Jesus said that the way the world would know that we are
Christians is by the love that we have for each other.

So the conclusion is this. Love the mature Christians and love and train
the immature. Rise above the works of the flesh and walk in love. Be an
example not only to the world, but also to the young in the church. Let the
reputation be that we comfort and restore our wounded instead of shooting
them.