[Faith-talk] FW: [masterslist] The First Lord's Supper

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Thu Apr 5 17:27:57 UTC 2012

Original Message:
From: "Dean Masters" <dwmasters15 at gmail.com>
To: "masters list" <masterslist at yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [masterslist] The First Lord's Supper
Date:
Thu, 5 Apr 2012 13:16:51 -0400

The First Lord's Supper

On the night of the first Lord's Supper, Jesus models an attitude that we

must choose to have each time we come to His Table.

On the evening of the Last Supper there was a problem among His disciples

that Jesus had to address.

While Satan waited at the door, while the High Priest plotted for His
life,
and while the Roman cross stood not far away, a greater priority than all

others
was Christ's-His disciples had to learn what genuine love was all about.
The
hearts of His disciples contained: unforsaken selfishness, disagreements,
contentions, jealousies, impatience, and ambition; and none of those are
acceptable at Christ's Table.

Luke 22:24
"Now there was also a dispute among them, as to which of them should be
considered the greatest. "

The Passover meal was about to start, but no one was willing to take the
lowest job. In a home without slaves, someone (usually the lowest in rank)

had
to take a basin and wash feet before the meal. None of the disciples felt

like serving that night.

During the long meal in reclining couches feet would be near faces. Dirty

feet would distract, so would dirty hearts. So Jesus addressed their
hearts
as
He washed their feet.

Jesus girded Himself as the slave. Jesus knelt before all of His men and
took the lowest place.

The picture they got of Jesus was burned into their hearts forever. Peter

wrote of it, John wrote of it, and they talked so much about it that Paul

even
describes that humble servant attitude and action of Jesus.

What was Christ's answer to their selfishness? His Love.

What was Christ's cure for their selfish ambition? His love.

Christ's Last Supper Message to Us

As we turn to John 13, we enter into that night of nights. It is Christ's

last night on earth. It is Passover time and the Seder meal that both
Christ
and
His disciples had participated in from their earliest childhood. This
night
the disciples came troubled, unfocused, arguing, and out of step with
Jesus.
They had everything on their minds but Him.

That is the constant struggle that He had with them.

·        They thought of Earth as He talked of Heaven.

·        They thought of others as He pointed to them.

·        They were self focused when He asked for them to think of
others.

John 13 is Christ's lesson on how to prepare for meeting Him at His
Supper.
Jesus teaches a life-changing lesson on the choices we must make in order
have a wonderful evening dining with Him and enjoying the blessings of a
meal with God.

There are three vital elements that John 13:1-17 presents to us. These
three
elements should be on our minds and hearts each time we have the
privilege
to meet across the Supper Table of Communion with God.

What did Jesus model for us, which we should also do?

list of 3 items
1. Jesus demonstrates how we get dressed for the Lord's Supper (with a
loving attitude).
2. Jesus demonstrates how we get prepared for the Lord's Supper (with a
cleansed life).
3. Jesus demonstrateshow we get the most at the Lord's Supper (with a
serving heart).
list end

To continue reading this message
please click here.
http://www.crosswalkmail.com/gmnlynctlwldcmthdkqpjdsjcndmgqqmwrcjyyhykgmltnm
_jrvvrtqrtjtf.html
For more from Discover the Book Ministries, please visit
discoverthebook.org.

You may also like:

THIS WEEK
NIV Devotions for Mom
Make the most of what little time moms have by drawing closer to God each

week

Click to read online >>
----

THIS WEEK
The Case for Christ
Seekers or skeptics can investigate the Bible's claims with readings from

the NIV Case for Christ Study Bible based on Lee Strobel's classic

Click to read online >>
----

----

Free eBook Offer from CUFI!
----

Give Shoes to Needy Children
----

Free DVD- Magdalena: Through Her Eyes
----

Win a $10,000 Scholarship!
----

Christian Health Care Option
----
Featured Video
Ministry from
LightSource.com

Joseph Prince
Joseph Prince Ministries
See more ministry videos at LightSource.com

Today on Christianity.com

----

Send a FREE Ecard

More Ecards

He Loves You

Happy Easter

Blessed Easter

Hosanna!

table end

Read about Salem Web Network

Send us your Feedback

© 2011 Salem Web Network. All rights reserved.
111 Virginia Street, Suite 500
Richmond, VA 23219

Salem Web Network website properties include:
list of 11 items
. Crosswalk.com
. OnePlace.com
. LightSource.com
. CrossCards.com
. Christianity.com
. BibleStudyTools.com
. ChristianCollege.com
. GodTube.com
. GospelTube.com
. Jesus.org
. TheFish.com
list end

Dean Masters, owner of the Masters List

I personally know someone who is literally older than dirt.
If you would like to meet him ask me to introduce you.