[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Thursday

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 02:45:26 UTC 2012

Good evening to those of you living in North America.  The rest of you can perhaps save this message for Good Friday evening.  Anyway here's hoping that your day went well.  Mine certainly did, hanging out for the most part on the computer in chatrooms and reading and responding to emails.  But at least I was busy doing the Lord's work as He directed.  Here's hoping that you will all have a good night's sleep.  Let's continue to pray for our sister Sally, who is perhaps even now either in the Intensive Care Unit of her local hospital in Peoria IL or maybe having an extended time in the recovery room.  Judging by the extended surgery, her hospital stay may be prolonged longer than usual.  Just pray for her recovery and that she eventually will get back to some sense of normalcy.  On her behalf, and that of her family and local friends in Peoria, I thank you for your prayers, as they will be much appreciated.

In looking through my Bible this evening I came across a passage in the book of Psalms.  Tonight I'm reading from Today's English Version, copyright 1970 by the American Bible Society.  My spiritual gaze was directed to Psalm 34:17-18 and verse 22 which is rendered as follows: "Righteous men call to the Lord and He listens; He rescues them from all their troubles.  The Lord is near to those who are discouraged; He saves those who have lost all hope.  The good man suffers many troubles, but the Lord saves him from them all.  The Lord will save His servants; those who go to Him for protection will be spared.

I included verse 19 in the foregoing passage.  I only mention that in case some of you were following along in your version/translation of choice.

And now as you retire for the night, may God go with you and maybe even warm you under the covers, if in fact you cover yourself with them.  Since we're dealing with people in various kinds of weather, I only mention this about bedclothes.  Good night and may He bless you.  Your Christian brother, Paul Barnabas