[Faith-talk] question

Beth thebluesisloose at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 03:29:50 UTC 2012

Well, with cchurches I don't get it.  Why don't they allow guide
dogs?  First off, the local churches are breaking the law.
Period.  Muslim mosques have a running policy against dogs in the
prayer area because dogs are considered dirty, except for service
animals like my friend Ginny's.  Ginny has a dog and she's
Muslim, but the dog serves her, not itself and as a pet.  I would
tell your friend that the church is breaking the law, and they
need to be notified of this instance.  As for blind folks not
being allowed in a congregation, that's bunk.  There's no way
someone in any church I've attended in my life would say that I
as a blin woman am not allowed in the congregation.  Period.
Beth