[Faith-talk] FW: [masterslist] Which One Are You?

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Sun Apr 8 04:46:00 UTC 2012

Original Message:
From: "Dean Masters" <dwmasters15 at gmail.com>
To: "masters list" <masterslist at yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [masterslist] Which One Are You?
Date:
Sat, 7 Apr 2012 12:00:14 -0400

Which one are you?

And they crucified Him. Mark 15:25 (NKJV)

It had finally arrived. The reason Jesus was born into humanity and spent

roughly three decades on earth had finally come. As He slowly died on the

cross,
His sinless life was offered as payment for the sins of all mankind, and
Mark's gospel describes three types of people present at the cross.

Those who passed by blasphemed Him.saying, "Aha! You who destroy the
temple
and build it in three days, save Yourself, and come down from the cross!"

Mark
15:29-30 (NKJV)

First, there were those who blasphemed (or opposed) Jesus at the cross.
Their eyes were completely blinded to what was happening in front of them.

To them,
this Man's death on the cross was no different than the death of the
countless criminals who had been crucified.

Jesus cried out with a loud voice, and breathed His last.when the
centurion,
who stood opposite Him, saw that He cried out like this and breathed His
last,
he said, "Truly this Man was the Son of God!" Mark 15:27-39 (NKJV)

Second, we see someone who was impressed with Jesus on the cross. The
Roman
centurion who oversaw the execution recognized there was something
different
about this man. This wasn't just another death. But although he was
impressed and even refers to Jesus as God's Son, we don't see evidence of
any lasting
impression or personal connection with Him.

There were also women looking on from afar.who also followed Him and
ministered to Him... Mark 15:40-41 (NKJV)

Third, there were those who had a personal relationship with Jesus. Women

who truly knew Him, who faithfully followed and supported Him from the
beginning
of His ministry, watched as this Man who had changed countless lives now
offered His.

Three types of people were at the cross. Now ask yourself which one you
are.
Are you a blasphemer who disregards what Jesus did on the cross because
you're
blinded to its significance? Are you a person who's impressed but only to
superficial extent? Or are you someone who personally knows Jesus and
appreciates
the power of the cross?

Think About It.
What does this passage reveal to me about God?
What does this passage reveal to me about myself?
Based on this, what changes do I need to make?
What is my prayer for today?

SPECIAL OFFER

New 365 Devotional Volume 2

God's mercy is new every day. That's because it's needed daily. So to
help
you walk through a fresh new day, the Active Word has put together this
second
volume of the 365 Devotional.  Our hope in creating this series of
devotionals, is to help you connect with God's Word 365 days a year. And
the
best thing
is, you can start any day of the year. Stay in step with God's Word, His
will, and learn to live out your faith, daily.

You may also like:

THIS WEEK
Quiet Walk
Walk Thru the Bible's Daily e-devotional

Click to read online >>
----

THIS WEEK
Power Point, with Jack Graham
Considering the Gospel as the power of God

Click to read online >>
----

----

Free eBook Offer from CUFI!
----

Be a Champion for Christ - Today!
----

Free DVD- Magdalena: Through Her Eyes
----

Private Christian Education
----

Free Book about Christian Persecution
----
Featured Video
Ministry from
LightSource.com

Mark and Kim A. Thomas
Latter-Day Kings
See more ministry videos at LightSource.com

Today on Christianity.com

----

Send a FREE Ecard

More Ecards

Harvest

Safe Travels

Abundantly Blessed

Abundantly Blessed

table end

Read about Salem Web Network

Send us your Feedback

© 2011 Salem Web Network. All rights reserved.
111 Virginia Street, Suite 500
Richmond, VA 23219

Salem Web Network website properties include:
list of 11 items
. Crosswalk.com
. OnePlace.com
. LightSource.com
. CrossCards.com
. Christianity.com
. BibleStudyTools.com
. ChristianCollege.com
. GodTube.com
. GospelTube.com
. Jesus.org
. TheFish.com
list end

Dean Masters, owner of the Masters List

Now to Him who is able to keep you from falling, and to make you stand in
the presence of His glory blameless with great joy, to the only God our
Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion and
authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen. Jude 1:24-25