[Faith-talk] Treatment of blind people by churches

Linda Mentink mentink at frontiernet.net
Tue Apr 10 23:57:04 UTC 2012

Hi all,

Tom sent this to me to send to you all. Please read.

Blessings,

Linda

Tom Anderson, President
National Association of the blind in Communities of Faith
April 10, 2012
Dear Faith talk list participants:
Linda Mentink has informed me that there has been problems with
churches not accepting blind people and churches asking that blind
people be treated as second class citizens. Such treatment by
churches is deplorable and unconscionable.  Where such situations
exist, we must work to resolve them amicably if we can, and by other
means if we must.  Please feel free to contact me if you are having
problems with any church or other religious organization.  My email
address is <mailto:tanderson at cocenter.org>tanderson at cocenter.org. My
work phone number is (303) 778-1130 extension 220.  My home number
after business hours is (303) 794-5006.
Cordially,