[Faith-talk] FW: [thefamilyoffaith] Fw: Today's Manna

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Sat Apr 14 16:33:05 UTC 2012

Original Message:
From: "thefamilyoffaith" <TheFamilyofFaith at tampabay.rr.com>
To: <thefamilyoffaith at yahoogroups.com>,
<INTERCESSORS-ALLNATIONS at yahoogroups.com>,
<dfpprayerwarriors at suddenlink.net>, <unitedprayermail at aol.com>,
<CcHhEeSsTtEeRr at yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [thefamilyoffaith] Fw: Today's Manna
Date:
Sat, 14 Apr 2012 12:18:50 -0400

----

I must confess that I am an avid sports fan.  I especially like baseball,
football and basketball.  I love the Baylor Bears playing all sports.  I
can talk with most anyone about my favorite teams and about sports in
general.  I am also guilty of armchair coaching, and I get aggravated when
the coach doesn't listen to me.  :)

You may not like sports, but there is something else that interests you,
and you enjoy sharing about.  You can talk with folks about your interests,
and you can give them the low-down about it.  That's cool!  There is
nothing wrong with enjoying sports or scrap-booking or building or art or
whatever gives you pleasure.  Nothing wrong with any of these things as
long as we are not consumed by them.

We understand that- that which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that-
that is born of the Spirit is Spirit.  So how is your testimony these days?
 I know that people would rather see a sermon or a testimony than hear one,
but it is important to verbalize your relationship with Jesus Christ.
Howard Hendricks said, "In the midst of a generation screaming for answers,
Christians are stuttering."  Hendricks is sadly right on.  Many Christians
spend so little time in God's Word, time in prayer and getting to know Him
better that they struggle to talk about Him.  It is important folks that we
make our calling and election sure.  Peter explained it this way,
"Therefore, brethren, be all the more diligent to make certain about His
calling and choosing you; for as long as you practice these things, you
will never stumble;"  (2 Peter 1:10, NASB)  When you know who you are in
Christ Jesus, you will want to share His greatness with others.

T.H. Huxley, a well-known agnostic, was with a group of men at a weekend
house party.  One Sunday morning, while most of them were preparing to go
to church, he approached a man known for his Christian character and said,
"Suppose you stay at home and tell me why you are are a Christian."  The
man, knowing he couldn't match wits with Huxley, hesitated.  But the
agnostic said gently, "I don't want to argue with you.  I just want you to
tell me simply what this Christ means to you."  The man did, and when he
finished, there were tears in Huxley's eyes as he said, "I would give my
right hand if only I could believe that!"  [Our Daily Bread, January 24,
1993.]

May I ask what your character says about you?  In simplicity, what does
Christ mean to you?  Can you share Him in a convincing way so that those
listening will want to know Him too?  I have told you before when people
look at me I want them to see JIM-- J esus I n M e.   I am not a celeb and
I have never been nor will I ever be mistaken for a hunk.  I am not tall,
dark and handsome, but JESUS CHRIST loves me as much as He does others.
When I am on the computer, I want people to know that I am a Christian.
When I am in a restaurant eating, I want people to know that I love Jesus.
When I am at one of my grand-kids' sporting events or school function, I
want people to see Jesus In Me.  I am not perfect; I make mistakes, but I
have taken a cue from David who found himself pouring out his heart before
God praying, "create in me a clean heart,  O God, and renew a right spirit
within me."  (Psalm 51:12)

Sharing Jesus can be as easy as sharing with others about your grand-kids
or your favorite pastime.  Let the passion of the Christ exude from you.
There are many people like T. H. Huxley that need to know in simple terms
what Christ means to you.  Happy Sharing!  Much love and blessings!

Forgiven,

Jim Fitzhugh
313 David Davis Dr
McGregor, TX  76657

Copyright (C) 2009-2011. Jim Fitzhugh. All rights reserved.
*This ministry is supported by your generous gifts.