[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Saturday, April 14 2012

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 03:22:18 UTC 2012

Hello and good evening to you all, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls and saints of the Most High God.  This evening as I write up this good night message, I reflect of the importance of the Lord's Day in the life of every Christian believer.  We all need to take a time-out every now and then to rest in the Lord and corporately worship Him, thank Him and do our best to follow His teachings in the best way we know how to do.

Those of you who have read the Bible for any time probably know that Almighty God places two kinds of covenants on every believer, conditional and unconditional.  A good example of the unconditional covenant is found in the Gospel of John in, I think, 7:35 which states in effect that those who come to Jesus will under no circumstances be driven or cast out of His presence.  However, in the Bible and especially in the book of Deuteronomy, among other places, God places conditional covenants on His Chosen People, meaning essentially that if they obey Him with all their hearts, minds, and souls in given situations, then God will do His part, but His people have to do their part first.  One such conditional covenant concerns the Sabbath.  Isaiah 58:13-14 in the New King James Version is rendered as follows: "If you turn away your foot from the Sabbath, from doing your pleasure on My holy day, and call the Sabbath a delight, the holy day of the LORD honorable, and shall honor Him, not doing your own ways, nor finding your own pleasure, nor speaking your own words, then you shall delight yourself in the LORD; and I will cause you to ride on the high hills of the earth, and feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father.  The mouth of the LORD has spoken."

There is even an organization called the Lord's Day Alliance, headquartered I think in Pittsburgh PA, though I don't know how large it is.  I can testify that, ever since Pentecost of 2009 when I made a personal commitment to the Lord to keep His day the best way I know how, that He has blessed me immeasurably, not financially but in so many little ways, among them are the wonderful and kind people I've got to know through emails, personal online audio chats and even occasionally over the phone.  Now would this have happened had I not obeyed His voice? Probably, but more probably not.  Maybe I'm the only one here who can give such a testimony.

Well folks, it's getting late, so will close this message off for now.  May you get the proper rest so that you can go to your respective local house of worship tomorrow, or an online church to attend.  Your Christian brother, Paul Barnabas